REGIONAL CHEF (NORTHERN VIRGINIA)
Position Title: REGIONAL CHEF (NORTHERN VIRGINIA)
Pay Grade: 17
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Operations
As the leader in business and industry dining, Eurest is the company to join if you want a rewarding career packed with limitless opportunities. We feed the employees of the nation's largest and most-prestigious companies -- in every state and across all industries. As a member of Eurest's leadership and professional support team, you will help our 16,000 chefs, and in-unit associates excel as they deliver world-class meals in corporate cafes and executive dining rooms with on-site catering through vending innovations and more.
Our company is innovative, high performing and fast growing. Our teammates are enthusiastic, committed to quality and thrive on consistently delivering unparalleled results. And did we mention we work with exciting companies and at interesting locations? Come grow your career with Eurest.
Compass group is actively seeking a Regional Chef that will support our Mid-Atlantic region that includes the Northern Virginia and Metro DC area. This individual will be part of the Regional Leadership Team and work with the leadership team in planning, implementing and supporting new food concepts or programs within a respective territory. This includes being responsible for the research, testing, development, documenting, training, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and making necessary adjustments to innovative new dishes, concepts and/or food programs. This position will play a key role in new facility design and roll out, menu creation, cost reduction, establishing and maintaining culinary standards and more. Our Regional Chef is involved with new business, QBR's, and supporting the RFP process. Apply to this opportunity to learn more about our organization!
- Provides Culinary Leadership and direction, to all Chefs within their respective region (s).
- Orientates new Chefs within their respective Core Culinary Standards, and established food programs.
- Maintains all Culinary Programs and Standards in their respective region(s) to the level of Culinary Center for Excellence.
- Culinary Lead for new account openings and or renovations within the territory.
- Provides Culinary Leadership to Chefs within the respective Territory.
- Assists with training, coaching, and development of Culinary personnel within assigned territory.
- Communicates effectively with Corporate Executive Chef, Regional Director of Operations, and unit level Chefs via email, conference calls, etc.
- Reads and complies with all policies and procedures of the Company as appropriate.
- Projects and practices consistent ownership attributes, which provide a high level of quality and service at all points of contact.
- Is comfortable and familiar preparing food in a regulatory environment.
- Manages all administrative responsibilities associated with culinary standards & programs, purchasing compliance, waste management, wellness, and all other Compass compliance programs.
- Culinary Arts Degree from a recognized Culinary school (i.e. CIA, Johnson and Wales) or equivalent experience
- Five years of progressive food service production management experience
- Previous multi-unit experience preferred
- Serv-Safe Certification
- Must be computer literate able to utilize Microsoft Office Suite and Webtrition Software packages
- This position will require travel
- Certified Executive Chef an added plus!
Apply to Eurest today!
Eurest is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Eurest maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Eurest are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)