REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS - LOUISVILLE, KY
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices® wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's (PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41 million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000 professional food service team members.
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Working as a Regional Director of Operations (RDO) you will lead, manage, and inspire a team of leaders in your region. You will provide planning, direction, and mentorship to the accounts in your territory, while establishing and maintaining strong client relationships. Your goal is to achieve operational and financial goals in a multifaceted environment.
- Leads, manages, and inspires a team with varied strengths of Directors of Dining Services, to provide outstanding service
- Drives self and team towards building positive relationships with clients at all levels and achievement of KPIs (profitability, safety, engagement, etc.)
- Serves on regional leadership team; regularly communicates with peers to share standard methodologies, mitigate risks, champion diversity, and build community
- Owns all accounts within assigned territory, ensuring input from and thoughtful communication with key partners; makes decisions grounded in balance of risk/reward and short/long term implications
- Supports RVP in setting cultural tone in region; meets regularly with extended team to ensure visibility, understanding, safety, accountability, and alignment
- Serves as representative/brand ambassador of the Morrison Healthcare team to senior clients, an issue point
- Works with regional team members to ensure Sales and Retention process is smooth for all accounts
- Collaborates to support regional initiatives
- Ensures compliance with QA, policy, and USDA program requirements, along with completing all reporting on time
- Champions development in partnership with RVP within the region; conducts performance evaluations, along with succession planning, with focus on building multi-unit leadership skills; has full understanding of all roles in operation
- Is responsible for the financial results/P&L for assigned territory, and works with leadership to ensure accuracy for reporting, forecasting, and budgeting processes
- Ensures consistent and fair administration of all policies and procedures
- Recognizes and anticipates marketplace trends; participates in regional planning meetings
Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited college or university, or eight (8) years dynamic experience in multi-unit foodservice, hospitality management, plant operations management, environmental services, laundry distribution or other Support Services areas in lieu of degree
- Strong background in senior leadership roles with exposure to contract/budget management, customer service, people development, food services, etc.
- Has a proven track record of growing a business and leading teams, along with strong financial foresight
- Has ability to think quickly, analytically, strategically, and accurately
- Shows experienced client relationship, influencing, listening, and communications (written and verbal) skills
- Champions the inclusion attitude, and is proactive, positive, professional, flexible, and resilient
- Demonstrates initiative, ownership, multi-tasking, prioritization, and organization skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite
- Extensive travel required in this position
Apply to Morrison Healthcare today!
Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 995237
MELISSA E LEPORE