RESIDENT DISTRICT MANAGER - K12 - Appleton Area Schools - Appleton, WI
Chartwells K12's goal is to make sure students leave the cafeteria happier and healthier than they came in, by serving food kids love to eat and creating custom dining programs. With more than 16,000 associates in 4,300 schools, ranging from large public institutions to small charter and private schools, Chartwells K12 is built on decades of food, education and operational experience driven by top culinary, nutrition, wellness, and sustainability talent. For more information, visit www.ChartwellsK12.com.
Working as a Resident District Manager (RDM), you will manage a large multi-unit dining account for Appleton Area Schools located in Appleton, WI. Apple Area Schools has an average daily participation 12,000+ students over 27 sites. You will serve as our point of contact for the client as well as lead the team within the account and manage the overall K12 food service operation. You will provide planning and direction within your account to achieve operational and financial goals in a dynamic environment. You will also maintain strong client relationships and work to fulfill our mission to feed kids.
- Leads, manages, and inspires a diverse team at a large account, with the goal of providing top-notch service to the client, students, and community
- Drives and develops self and team at the account towards building strong relationships with the client(s) and achievement of key performance indicators (profitability, safety, employee engagement, etc.)
- May serve on district leadership team, and participates in ongoing conversations with peers to share best practices, mitigate risks, champion diversity, and build community
- Ensures decisions are weighed for risk/reward and short/long term implications while gathering input from the team and partners
- Fosters a culture of transparency, understanding, education, safety, and accountability at the account
- Serves as the representative/brand ambassador of the Chartwells team within the district and community; attends key client and community events
- Ensures client needs are met or exceeded, we retain the account, find cross-sell opportunities, and assist in rebid process as directed
- Supports functional areas of operation, including but not limited to safety, marketing, nutrition and culinary
- Ensures adherence to local, state, federal and company policies, and conducts unit audits to ensure conformance for key areas (e.g. food storage, sanitation)
- Maintains compliance with USDA regulations and guidance for all applicable meal and retail programs, along with completing all required reporting on time
- Champions development within the account; conducts performance evaluations, along with succession planning for the account; has full understanding of all roles within operation
- Owns the financial results for the account, and works with leadership to ensure accuracy for reporting, forecasting, and budgeting processes
- Ensures consistent and fair administration of al policies and procedures
- Educational minimum and work experience per USDA Professional Standards for the account(s)
- Required! Bachelor's degree and minimum of three (3) years of management experience, preferably in foodservice, hospitality management, plant operations management, environmental services, laundry, or other Support Services area
- Is well-versed in all aspects of foodservice management with a proven track record of success
- Has proven track record of leading a business and a team, strong customer service, and good business and financial acumen
- Demonstrates strong initiative, critical thinking, ownership, communications (listening, written, and verbal), multi-tasking, prioritization, and organization skills
- Champions the inclusion mindset, and is proactive, positive, professional, and resilient
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and POS software
- Experience managing a high volume K12 food operation is highly preferred!
Occasional travel required in this position
Apply to Chartwells Schools today!
Chartwells Schools is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Chartwells K-12 maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Chartwells K-12 are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1183354
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1183354