RETAIL/CAFE MANAGER - CAMBRIDGE, MA
As the leader in business and industry dining, Eurest is the company to join if you want a rewarding career packed with limitless opportunities. We feed the employees of the nation's largest and most-prestigious companies -- in every state and across all industries. As a member of Eurest's leadership and professional support team, you will help our 16,000 chefs, and in-unit associates excel as they deliver world-class meals in corporate cafes and executive dining rooms with on-site catering through vending innovations and more.
Our company is innovative, high performing and fast growing. Our teammates are enthusiastic, committed to quality and thrive on consistently delivering unparalleled results. And did we mention we work with exciting companies and at interesting locations? Come grow your career with Eurest.
EUREST NATIONAL ACCOUNT located in Cambridge, MA
As a Retai/Cafe Manager, you have proven people leadership and management skills, a background in craft coffee, and experience in managing a quick service retail environment with a wide range of product offerings. As the unit manager, you will be responsible for coordinating daily operations and motivating staff to provide exceptional customer service.
It is crucial that you champion quality in both drinks and hospitality delivered by the cafe, drive profitability, and boost customer engagement.
- Leads all aspects of the daily operations of the cafe.
- Leads staff employment cycle - hiring, onboarding, training, and separation.
- Champions a positive, people-focused culture in the cafe for both guests and the cafe team.
- Coaches and advises cafe staff in the delivery of outstanding customer service and resolution of guest complaints.
- Implements quality control checks (QC) for staff on drinks and hospitality - demonstrates an understanding for compelling quality at the coffee bar; may delegate QC task to Lead Barista or Coffee Champion.
- Issues staff schedules ensuring adequate coverage of trained staff for all shifts.
- Controls the budget and P&L; effectively identifies methods for decreasing operating costs.
- Maintains up to date records for sales and expenditures as the need arises by the unit operating standards.
- Handles inventory - including ordering, receiving, and par maintenance; may delegate responsibilities.
- Oversees the receiving of cafe supply deliveries verifying accuracy and remedying discrepancies; coordinates with vendors and suppliers as needed.
- Initiates strategies for driving revenue and boosting customer engagement; defines new and expanded services and products.
- Carries out health and safety regulations within the cafe unit; familiar with and trains others on HACCP guidelines.
- Ensures the cafe is well merchandised, stocked, clean, and presentable at all times; verifies that routine tasks are completed by the cafe team.
- Works with urgency and effective delegation to meet any gaps in standards of operation.
- Ensures the brewing and other cafe equipment is operating properly; addresses any maintenance needs promptly.
- Pursues continuous learning and development in food and beverage quality control, preparation, and presentation.
Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates exemplary customer service skills - ability to gauge customer needs and preferences
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Strong eye for business and strong math skills
- Demonstrates leadership skills, and ownership over quality standards of execution
- Ability to effectively engage others.
- Ability to talk, hear, walk, bend, and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work various shifts, as the business requires
- Previous craft coffee experience with traditional espresso machines versus super-automatic espresso machines
- Previous cafe management experience is required - regular coffee brewing and taking orders in a physical, fast-paced environment
- Must demonstrate an eagerness to learn and passion for helping others make great coffee
- Food handler’s license, as required by local regulations
Apply to Eurest today!
Eurest is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Eurest are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1045472