RETAIL MANAGER, Kansas City, MO
Position Title: RETAIL MANAGER (TruMed) Kansas City, MO
Reports To: DDS
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices® wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's (PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41 million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000 professional food service team members.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the ‘job search’ in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on ‘referral tracking.’ For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email MyReferral@compass-usa.com. Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
The Retail Manager position is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial manager who is constantly seeking a better way to conduct business. Our Retail Managers are responsible for the successful retail/cafeteria operation of Food & Retail Managers will perform a variety of duties including the planning and supervision of special functions, the maintaining of cash controls and payroll records, and the hiring and training of our hourly team members. They also ensure customer satisfaction and good public relations through the safe and efficient uses of resources.
University Health Truman Medical Center is a 225 bed, acute care hospital located in downtown Kansas City. We provide nutritional healing through three meals a day, seven days a week to our patient population. In addition to the patient aspect of the operation, there is also a full service Cafeteria and coffee shop available to staff and guests. There are future plans to add another coffee shop. The Cafeteria operates Monday - Friday (6am -7pm) and the coffee shop operates Monday - Friday (6am - 3pm) and Saturday/Sunday (8am - 3pm). This position will help support the operation in two ways -- assisting the Patient Services Manager with the day to day operations of the Patient Service Department (patient meals, staff schedules, administrative duties, filling a position if necessary, etc.) and also assist the Retail Manager with the operation of the Retail footprint (brand integrity, operational presentation/success, filling in a position if necessary, etc.). Occasional evening shifts (up until 7pm) and possible weekend shifts are to be expected. An individual with 1 -2 years of Supervisor/Management experience in a high volume, fast paced environment supervising 10+ employees at a time is preferred.
- Oversees daily administrative and operational tasks
- Handles all aspects of staff management
- Manages all financials including budget development, forecasting, and financial reporting
- Maintains knowledge of the market place and trends
- Coordinates marketing efforts with the Business needs to maximize revenues and patient/guest satisfaction
- Manages cost controls and control expenditures for the account
- Oversees sanitation and safety of assigned unit(s)
- Purchases and manages inventory
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with Company marketing and culinary team
- Acts as the direct liaison with the client
- Culinary degree preferred, or A.A. Degree plus related experience
- One to hree years supervisory experience in food service operations
- Supervisory experience in a healthcare, senior living, or related environment desirable
- Knowledge of retail, food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Leadership, management and coaching skills
- Communication skills both written and verbal
- Financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office programs, e-mail, the Internet and other necessary computer programs
- ServSafe® Certified
Apply to Morrison Healthcare today!
Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass Group USA
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Positions at this location require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.