ROUTE DRIVER - SMARTSERVICE (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time ROUTE DRIVER - SMARTSERVICE position.
- Location: 5076 - 4001 Pratt Remmel Road, Little Rock, AR 72206. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time schedule. Monday through Friday, hours may vary.. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: No experience necessary.
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
WE MAKE IT EASY!
- You can now chat or text-to-apply, in addition to our standard online apply. Just text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 993383 . Click here to view more.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Canteen is a national vending machine operating company offering vending, office coffee service and dining services through a company and franchise network of over 200 locations in 48 states. Canteen’s track record of innovation began in 1929, when company founder Nathaniel Leverone built his business strategy around three timeless principles: integrity, customer focus and innovation.
Click HERE to see a day in the life of a Canteen Route Driver!
Summary: Drives company vehicle over established route to deliver products and maintain inventory. Responsible for the delivery of top-notch service to clients and customers at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prior to beginning each day’s route, ensures that truck is properly loaded with all product required to properly service all scheduled machines following outlined operational procedures.
- Maintains proper inventory levels and product distribution for vending machines.
- Loads hand cart with totes of product, walks to the machines, and loads the machines. Returns to truck with hand truck of empty totes.
- Performs product rotation to ensure freshness at designated client locations for vending machines.
- Provides client and customer satisfaction in every aspect of job performance.
- Performs routine cleaning and sanitation of vending machines and other related equipment.
- Conducts minor service and adjustments on machines. When necessary, reports defective equipment to designated maintenance repair service operators or technician dispatcher.
- Maintains accurate machine product and inventory data via a handheld computer.
- Informs regular clients and customers of new products or services.
- Listens to and resolves service complaints; reports all client and/or customer complaints to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Sets up merchandise and sales promotion displays, or issues sales promotion materials to customers.
- Accountable for all receipt of goods, invoices, delivery tickets, cash received or collected, and product.
- Conducts inventory reconciliation in accordance with established procedures.
- Keeps company vehicle clean and organized at all times; performs pre- and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3 years driving experience required.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Preferred 1-2 years’ experience in a customer service position, or a minimum of 1 year of related experience.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a consistent basis.
Associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).