ROUTE DRIVER - UTILITY (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time ROUTE DRIVER - UTILITY position.
- Location: CANTEEN - 131 WETLANDS INDUSTRIAL DR, CONWAY, SC 29526 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time; Monday - Friday 6:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Requirement: No experience required.
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
Canteen brings break time to everyone. We combine food, service, and experience backed by industry-leading technology to help companies create a better workplace and connect their employees. Canteen’s solutions include markets, office coffee and snacks, unattended retail, and culinary.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Their dedication, collaboration, and passion fuel our growth. Interested in joining our team? You bring the enthusiasm, customer service, and commitment; we’ll supply the opportunity and innovation. Together, we’ll continue to transform our industry.
Come for the job, stay for the career. We are Canteen.
Summary: Drives company-owned truck over established route to deliver and sell products or render services, collects money from machines, and makes change by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Services a particular route or location during the absence of the regular route or warehouse employee.
- May assist Customer Service Managers with daily opening and closing of the operation, and training of new route service personnel.
- Drives truck to deliver such items as soft drinks, bakery products, specialty foods, snack items and sundries to customer's place of business.
- Places stock on shelves or racks in vending machines. Collects stale, rejected or unsold merchandise. Collects money from machines and refills bill and coin changers.
- Records transactions on appropriate card and/or electronic device; accountable for cash and product.
- Calls on existing customers to determine adequacy of service; informs regular customers of new products and/or services; listens to and resolves service complaints.
- Selects items from warehouse and loads truck; prepares order forms for food and pastry products.
- Performs routine maintenance on and sanitation of machines.
- Sets up merchandise and sales promotion displays or issues sales promotion materials to customers.
- Maintain clean and safe work environment; performs job safely.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
Associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).