Sales Finance Intern, National Sales Team / Summer / Charlotte, NC
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
As a Sales Finance intern, you will be working closely with leaders within Compass Group developing skills and competencies which will uniquely prepare you for future success within the organization. This position will be based in our Charlotte, NC corporate office for Summer 2023.
This internship is divided into 5 sections:
- Orientation: where you will learn about the mission and direction of Compass Group broadly and will be introduced to other interns in the program who are working within other departments.
- Sales Training: Each new full-time sales associate completes two training sessions that cover our core sales philosophy and in-depth public speaking training. As an intern, you will be taking these same classes with your peers in the program. This is a fantastic opportunity to receive professional training which can be utilized throughout the rest of your career.
- Excel Training: We’ve developed an Excel crash course led by our in-house Excel developer that will introduce you to formulas, shortcuts, and tips for report creation that will take your Excel skills to the next level.
- Business Costing training. You will partner with one of our 4 teams to learn how to project revenue and expenses for new business and will expose you to the inner workings of our sales process.
- Capstone project. During the last month of the internship, you will choose a capstone project to independently develop, which you will present to Compass Group leadership on the last day of your internship.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university with interest in pursuing a career in Corporate Finance
- Curiosity. We are looking for individuals who are not satisfied with not only understanding “how” something is done, but to also understand “why”.
- Strong communication skills. As a representative of our Sales team, the ability to optimally connect with individuals at all levels of our organization is essential.
- Have previously finished coursework in the basics of Microsoft Excel.
- This position is paid, but not eligible for benefits such as medical, relocation, or housing.
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Req ID: 1091490