SECURITY GUARD (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time SECURITY GUARD position.
- Location: AT&T Hotel and Conference Center - 1900 University Ave. Austin, TX 78705. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-Time; PM schedule available. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Prior security and/or loss prevention experience preferred.
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
- Starting Pay: $18.00 per hour
Free meals! Choose from a delicious variety of fresh food served daily. Receive two free meals for every shift worked. Additionally, free uniforms and laundering service available at select locations.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1149695.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
What makes FLIK click
What makes FLIK click? Our people. The decisions, actions and attitudes of our associates earn the trust and loyalty of our clients every day. We know how to pick them and we know how to grow them. It starts with hiring people who share our passion for food and hospitality. Once we find the right talent, we encourage, value and recognize their contributions.
We keep our people renewed, excited and engaged by providing hands-on training and educating them about the latest trends. We give them a stake in successfully raising the bar. Our people love what they do and they love sharing their passion. Join our team and see the FLIK difference. Where a job isn’t merely a job but the start of a career where you can flourish.
Summary: Performs protective and enforcement functions in a courteous and restrained manner when coping with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances and threats to life and property. Maintains a safe, secure environment for guests, visitors and team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts foot patrol of the site interior and perimeter to identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions. Evaluates situations and makes logical decisions on how to proceed and direct work.
- Maintains order on the site; coordinates expedient responses to emergency conditions, including fires, safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner. Handles undesired conduct, violations of building policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of guests, employees, patrons and property.
- Answers security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority.
- Memorizes and monitors life-safety system, including accurate layout of entire building, locations of stand pipes, fire extinguishers, complete alarm reports; checks and reports pertinent information from each shift.
- Monitors site for any unusual activity. In the case of suspicious behavior, reports via radio to the supervisor on duty; reports any alarms similarly.
- Administers CPR and first aid.
- Provides accurate information to inquiries for directions and hours of operations.
- Escorts guests and employees as required to parking lots.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates at FLIK are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Flik maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1149695
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1149695