SENIOR CATEGORY DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - GROCERY & COP (CLT/REMOTE)
Who is Foodbuy?
We are the industry leader in procurement and supply chain solutions. We are the subsidiary to the 6th largest company in the world (Compass Group PLC), yet Foodbuy has the feel of a small entrepreneurial Company. We pride ourselves on our ability to source and provide a variety of products and services that help our customers more easily, and cost effectively, run their businesses. We work with clients in the Hospitality, Restaurant, Healthcare, Education, Entertainment, and Gaming industries, and of course we support Compass Group-- which is the world’s largest contract food and support services provider.
We care about our associates, our clients, and our community. We think big, encourage innovation and debate, and seek out game changers. Our benefits and PTO offerings are strong. Our compensation packages are competitive. And we are constantly growing, and we want our associates’ careers to grow along with us. We have an open and modern work environment, believe in flexibility, and promote a collaborative open door environment.
Additionally, we follow a value system called FORT, which stands for Flexibility, Optimistic, Resourceful, and Transparent. FORT is the foundation for everything we do at Foodbuy. It is how we behave and interact with our clients, business partners and fellow associates.
Positions at this location may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
***The ideal candidate is located in Charlotte, NC or within a reasonable commuting distance. All candidates must be willing to periodically perform work from the Company’s Charlotte office.***
The Senior Category Development Manager, Grocery & Center of Plate (COP) is a dynamic position at Foodbuy that will directly manage key categories, develop category strategy in partnership with some of the largest suppliers in the industry, lead a team of one to two direct reports. You will engage cross-functional team members to present program opportunities to key stakeholders and clients in an effort to deliver on your growth strategies. You’ll be tasked with uncovering new financial opportunities through extensive data analysis to deliver financial results across a broad range of channels and clients. You will be required to leverage your procurement experience in this role including negotiation, margin management, budgeting and forecasting. You will also focus on developing team members in a fast-paced, high-opportunity environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead, motivate and develop one to two direct reports to deliver successful commercial results.
- Achieve annual financial targets and take ownership for budget setting, ongoing management and monthly re-forecasting of income at a detailed supplier level.
- Proactively execute cost reduction initiatives and create new value for customers with differing needs.
- Maintain and utilize a robust understanding of supply market dynamics and present opportunities to derive new commercial advantage and mitigate risks.
- Work effectively with customers, culinarians and chefs to meet evolving customer needs
- Extract new value from supplier relationships through contract optimization, joint business planning and partnership activities.
- Build strong partnerships at all levels with our supplier partners.
- Turn ideas into action by creating plans, influencing others and communicating effectively.
- Use market insights and data to ensure competitive market pricing.
- Work cross-functionally to manage the implementation process for new contracts or program changes.
- Draw conclusions and insights from large data sets, quickly and accurately.
What You’ll Need:
- 7+ years’ experience in procurement / category management within COP or other food categories.
- Proven record in developing strategic business plans, creating annual budgets and managing cross functional projects.
- Leadership skills and management experience.
- Strong business acumen and analytical mind.
- Experience negotiating and building relationships with large supplier partners.
- Ability to get things done on your own and working with others.
- A great attitude –flexibility, optimism, resourcefulness and transparency.
- Energy to operate at pace in a rapidly changing environment and manage multiple agendas.
- Strong presentation and influencing skills.
Apply to Foodbuy today!
Foodbuy is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Foodbuy are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1017072