Senior Chef Manager
Salary: $65-70k yearly salary DOE. Plus benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, and more.
As the leader in business and industry dining, Eurest is the company to join if you want a rewarding career packed with limitless opportunities. We feed the employees of the nation's largest and most-prestigious companies -- in every state and across all industries. As a member of Eurest's leadership and professional support team, you will help our 16,000 chefs, and in-unit associates excel as they deliver world-class meals in corporate cafes and executive dining rooms with on-site catering through vending innovations and more.
Our company is innovative, high performing and fast growing. Our teammates are enthusiastic, committed to quality and thrive on consistently delivering unparalleled results. And did we mention we work with exciting companies and at interesting locations? Come grow your career with Eurest.
Working as the Chef Manager Senior you will be responsible for back and front of the house operations for the food service departments. You will maintain a quality culinary program and process all financial reporting. Duties also include menu development, inventory, purchasing, labor and food cost controls, maintaining sanitation standards, and personnel management to include hiring, coaching, counseling, training and developing.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Participates in employee meetings and training programs
- Conducts safety, sanitation and maintenance programs
- Maintains food cost while ensuring quality standards
- Maintains an active role in managing team developments
- Manages purchasing and inventory controls
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Degree in Culinary Arts is preferred or equivalent professional experience
- Five years progressive culinary management experience
- Self-starter, innovative and ability to multitask
- Maintains a positive attitude under pressure and motivate team
- Must possess a passion for excellence
- Must be knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food
- Purchasing, food storage and sanitation experience
- P&L and financial reporting experience
- Knowledge of budgets, labor costs, inventory controls
- Strong leadership, coaching and training skills
- Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office and POS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional business etiquette and client relations
- Ability to lift, bend and carry up to 40 lbs
- Knowledge of safe and sanitary food handling principles
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
- ServSafe or Department of Health certification a plus
Apply to Eurest today!
Eurest is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Eurest are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1122671