Senior DevOps Engineer (SF OR REMOTE NATIONWIDE)
WHO WE ARE
EAT Club is part of Compass Digital Labs, the innovation branch of Compass Group, who serves over 3 billion meals per year in award winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more.
EAT Club was born in the heart of Silicon Valley and for over a decade has been providing "lunch as a benefit" to leading companies in the Bay Area, including Netflix, Google, and Credit Karma. We power the tech that folks use to order tasty meals, creating tools that kitchens use to make menus, track demand, and get meals from A to B.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
EAT Club’s engineering team encourages intellectual curiosity and openness, and provides the support and mentorship needed to succeed, learn, and grow. We'll make sure you have everything you need to do your best work and make an impact.
• Remote/async work: We have members of the team working across two continents, from the SF Bay to the UK — async work is a key part of our culture.
• Camaraderie: Helping other is always a priority. We make it a point to foster an environment of inclusiveness and collaboration.
• Work/life balance: We all have responsibilities and obligations outside of work. We respect that family comes first.
• Intellectual curiosity: Go out of our comfort zone; try new things!
• Sense of humo(u)r: We like to have fun, and don’t always take ourselves too seriousilly.
• Great Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Competitive salary
• 401k / RRSP
• Flexible vacation policy
• Cell Phone reimbursement
• We're a remote team
• Lots of team building (escape rooms, online games, etc.)
• Bi-annual get-together
We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our journey as we continue to grow throughout North America! This is a unique chance to have a big impact on our architecture, efficiency, and systems reliability.
- Create and maintain tools that enable rapid software development and deployment of our services and applications across multiple environments including production, staging, and development
- Improve our existing monitoring and alerting systems, implementing new tools and capabilities as appropriate
- Stay on top of emerging trends, technologies, and best practices to help us find the right processes, architecture, and solutions to meet our evolving needs
- Mentor and train other EAT Club developers in infrastructure tools and processes through runbooks, documenting procedures, group meetings, and ad-hoc discussions
- Understand the full technology stack and underlying applications, services, and databases in order to ensure optimal performance and availability
- Support Systems Architects in developing plans which apply principles promoting availability, reusability, interoperability, and security into the design of various products and applications
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar degree, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of DevOps or similar experience
- 3+ years of AWS experience
- 3+ years of shell scripting experience (preferably Bash)
- 3+ years of Linux experience
- 3+ years of Python experience
- Expert problem solving and debugging abilities
- Strong networking knowledge and system design skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-awareness, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Passionate about building great products, innovation and solving complex problems
- Currently authorized to work in the United States or Canada on a full-time basis
Nice to have:
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS ECS
- Experience with Fastly
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with WireGuard VPN
- Love of food!
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1036392