Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Compass Digital is the innovation company within Compass Group, creating cutting-edge digital retail experiences for universities, hospitals, corporate offices, sports and entertainment venues, and beyond. Healthcare Digital is a division of Compass Digital that focuses on the future of healthcare technology and innovation, working directly with associates and customers to accelerate technology innovation and digital transformation within Compass Group’s healthcare sectors.
We are a diverse team of inventive problem solvers focused on creating new solutions rooted in the user’s actual needs. We design products and services to create experiences that improve the lives of our users. We believe in the power of ‘What If?’ and combining creative people with different talents to make a dent in the world. Solving complex problems is not work, it’s fun and we are all here to dream up the most engaging solutions in the world, with the smartest people we know.
Compass Group is the leading foodservice management and support services company with $17 billion in revenue in 2017. In 2020 and 2021, Compass Group was named one of Forbes’ Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women, and was named one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune as well as being ranked #1 by Food Management’s Top 50 in 2022.
Learn more about us here:
Learn more about what we do here [Video]
As part of CD’s Healthcare Digital division, the Senior Software Architect will work with the Compass Healthcare business to drive the digital future in healthcare - specifically around Patient, Healthcare Staff, Long-term care and Hospital Retail experiences. This role will lead the organization's planning, design and execution of future digital strategies on the portfolio of healthcare products to meet long-term enterprise needs.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a combination of strong technology & digital leadership experience, as well as business experience preferably in the healthcare and foodservices industries.
- Partner with Product Management, Strategy and business stakeholders to drive the evolution of both existing and new offerings
- Lead effort to manage and unify multiple initiatives to build a foundational, shared platform and modernize the technology stack
- Create proof of concepts and vet the technical feasibility of new products and features
- Assess and recommend vendor products/tools and/or partner with third party vendors to deliver features across multiple products
- Improve products by making them more integrated, scalable, usable, flexible, and secure
- Comfortable working in a greenfield environment to solve new challenges
- Participate in the evaluation of new tools, platforms, and technologies and articulate the business case for investments
- Enable the business by building new digital assets and drive adoption of new features in a low time to market and low total cost of ownership
- Build and lead a high performing team of engineers using a global delivery model
- Collaborate with key business and technology stakeholders
- Manage engineering, quality assurance, scalability, and performance testing efforts
- 5-8 years of Digital or Technology leadership related experience in digital strategy, innovation, technology partnership management and experience with data, analytics, mobile and application development
- Web based service architecture and application development
- Agile Development experience
- Experience working with HIPAA, PHI and other healthcare standards
- Ability to manage several key stakeholders in the healthcare sectors
- Ability to quickly relate to a company’s business and technology strategy with clients as well as leadership level within Compass sectors
- Build and deliver enterprise class products
- Track record of effective recruiting, management, coaching and development of high performing multidisciplinary teams
- Ready to think, behave and act in an innovative consulting manner to drive the organization’s digital business strategies.
- Experience working in cloud environments AWS, Azure or GCP
- BA/BS in Computer Science, MIS or related discipline
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Compass Digital maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1158277
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1158277