Senior Operations Manager
- We are hiring immediately for a Sr. Operations Manager position.
- Location: San Fermando, CA. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Salary 95,000 - 120,000 / year
Canteen is currently seeking a Sr. Operations Manager to serve as the Site Leader for the Fresh & Ready Foods manufacturing facility located in San Fernando, CA. In this role, the Site Leader will build operational talent, address key operational performance challenges, and implement sustainable standard practices around lean manufacturing.
Expected results will be sustainable improvements in safety, productivity, quality, on time deliveries and inventory turns for the location. This is an operational leadership role reporting into the VP of Operations. Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
- Develop the team to maintain and enhance a competitive edge and service to the customer.
- Leads safety awareness and implement new and innovative techniques to assure a safe working environment.
- Ensure highly disciplined compliance with all regulatory and company defined food safety and sanitation standards, systems, procedures, and practices.
- Oversee management of critical food safety programs such as SQF, sanitation, chemical control program, maintenance program, etc. for the corporation
- Establishes and maintains high visibility to employees and create a safe environment for participation. Promotes hands-on, high involvement approaches to problem solving.
- Drives a continuous improvement philosophy utilizing Lean Manufacturing tools.
- Establishes a leadership climate that fosters collaboration across the enterprise. Assist the enterprise in lean application.
- Meets and exceeds year over year financial targets through active continuous improvement projects and driving material and non-material cost out of the business.
- Directs and manages the establishment and maintenance of material replenishment methods, quality standards and performance metrics in support of the organizational goals and objectives.
- Leads and mentors’ managers and supervisors in the development of a Winning Culture. Develop and improve the skills, knowledge and abilities of the managers and supervisors to ensure strong succession planning.
- Supports the development of a range of products that will increase our market share or expand our market potential (3D)
- Excellent organization, analytical, communication and presentation skills
Skills and Experience:
- BA or BS in Operations Management, Business, Engineering or related field.
- 5 - 10 years in a Food Manufacturing Leadership Role or equivalent
- Demonstrated understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Proven history of increased responsibility and knowledge
- Bi-lingual - Spanish preferred
Associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).