SOURCING MANAGER - PRODUCE
Who is Foodbuy?
We are the industry leader in procurement and supply chain solutions. We are the subsidiary to the 6th largest company in the world (Compass Group PLC), yet Foodbuy has the feel of a small entrepreneurial Company. We pride ourselves on our ability to source and provide a variety of products and services that help our customers more easily, and cost effectively, run their businesses. We work with clients in the Hospitality, Restaurant, Healthcare, Education, Entertainment, and Gaming industries, and of course we support Compass Group-- which is the world’s largest contract food and support services provider.
We care about our associates, our clients, and our community. We think big, encourage innovation and debate, and seek out game changers. Our benefits and PTO offerings are strong. Our compensation packages are competitive. And we are constantly growing, and we want our associates’ careers to grow along with us. We have an open and modern work environment, believe in flexibility, and promote a collaborative open door environment.
Additionally, we follow a value system called People FIRST, which stands for Flexibility, Inclusion, Results, Sustainability and Transparency. People FIRST is the foundation for everything we do at Foodbuy. It is how we connect and interact with our clients, business partners and fellow associates.
Hybrid Work Schedule: Mondays and Fridays remote
Foodbuy's NPC’s Procurement team members are assigned by category and commodities; they manage the suppliers and distribution partners, as well as costing of market fresh fruits and vegetables for our food service clients. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of fresh produce harvest and production, seasonality, costing and distribution. The ability to negotiate contracts and weekly fobs as well as initiate LTO projects, meet deadlines in a continued effort to further bring value to our customers while maintaining and growing the relationships with our distribution partners across the U.S. in a fast-paced organization.
The Sourcing Manager will be responsible for managing and implementing multiple commodities, developing maintaining grower/supplier relationships in a procurement team environment. Network daily with distributors, growers, shippers of fresh produce products including juice, eggs and dairy. Procurement team members assigned by category and commodities; they manage the suppliers and distribution partners as well as negotiating weekly fob costing of assigned market fresh fruits and vegetables for our food service clients. The role is four-dimensional: procurement (sourcing and setting fobs), transportation (logistics of reducing freight expense). Communication daily and weekly with distribution partner to ensure availability of supplies and compliance which ultimately ensures our client satisfaction of assured quality, availability and value.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Understand the logistics with loading and consolidating products
- Assist in managing and implementing the future on-line order portal
- Understanding and maintaining the components of Landing in Costs (LIC); find ways to reduce costs
- Expand new business by focusing on the supply chain to support our customers sourcing requirements, distribution partners need and in tune with all new commodity offerings and opportunities
- Oversee negotiation of contract pricing and structured fobs by commodity weekly within given timetables to ensure value, quality, availability, and food safety. NPC currently does not actually place a purchase order but builds the programs for our distribution partner to place the orders with growers/shippers and facilitators.
- Knowledgeable and support to keep record of required Contract, Food Safety documentation; reporting, building spreadsheets and data entry.
- Maintain, Initiate and continually develop relationships with suppliers worldwide
- Tactical management of the produce procurement and transportation supply chains
- Driving and managing distributors compliance
- Work closely with the National Sales Representatives and Account Managers
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Procurement, Food and Beverage or related field/comparable experience
- Moderate PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite software - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook - as well as ability to adapt to new required, proprietary computer software programs
- Working knowledge and experience in systems, process and analysis
- Organizational and detail orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid experience with understanding of software systems with ideas and input of continual creation of procurement and distribution software.
- Minimum 4 Years Buying and Negotiating Experience for Fruits, Vegetables and/or Dairy products in the food service industry.
- Minimum 2 Year Experience in Contract Negotiation(s), managing the buy side weekly and support with logistics as well as business planning.
- Knowledge of USDA and PACA requirements
- Bilingual skills are a plus
- Ability to work with others, as well put in the time to complete the task at hand
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, (people skills for correct political environments)
- Attention to detail and accuracy, time tables, transitions, computer entry
- Ability to multi-task
- Team oriented
- Decision making skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Project and goal oriented
- Ability to navigate through the organization
- Ability to work collaboratively on a cross-functional team and company-wide initiatives
- Ability to comprehend product information data flow (item, vendor, cost, price)
- Ability to solve problems within and across multiple departments
- Provides proactive solutions with limited direction and input
- Demonstrates initiative and willingness to take risks
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Function in a fast-paced, multi-department, office environment
- Limited Travel required by car or airplane with overnight stays
- Ability to work extended hours at times
- A plus with this current position would be knowledge and past experience implementing a mushroom and mixed vegetable program nationally
Apply to Foodbuy today!
Foodbuy is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Foodbuy maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Foodbuy are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1170920
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1170920