Sous and Culinary Operations Manager in Training, Wolfgang Puck Catering / Houston, TX
Position Title: Sous and Culinary Operations Manager in Training, Wolfgang Puck Catering / Houston, TX
Wolfgang Puck Catering is committed to recruiting individuals who express an interest in and passion for hospitality-driven experiences; who come from diverse backgrounds, are open-minded and curious about our clients and guests; and, most of all, who possess a welcoming smile and spirit. Our ultimate goal is to develop mentoring and career building opportunities through a talent pipeline that allows us to promote from within.
"The most important thing in life, whatever you do, has to be passion." Wolfgang Puck
Success on our team starts with our culture:
- We have Wolfgang’s PASSION for our business, our product, and our people / guests / clients.
- A FLEXIBLE MINDSET is key; we are strategic business partners who wear multiple hats.
- Our services require a CONCIERGE mentality, a bias to action with humble hospitality.
- We are out-of-the-box PROBLEM SOLVERS, who look around corners so our clients and guests don’t have to.
- We curate company and partner resources to bring our client’s vision to life. We seek to cultivate the next generation of talent, purveyors and partnerships.
- We bring an entrepreneurial approach to deliver results for our clients (you might call this scrappy).
- Collaboration and openness to innovative business tools, new ways of thinking and ability to partner across departments are essential to create optimal business solutions.
“I can have the best food, but if we don’t have good people, it won’t get you very far.”
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the ‘job search’ in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on ‘referral tracking.’ For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email MyReferral@compass-usa.com. Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
WE ARE a family of companies delivering the best in food, hospitality, and support services. As the leading foodservice and support services company in the US, we are known for our great people, great service, and great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted our delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 250,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, stadiums, arenas, convention centers, museums, and much more – in all 50 states.
WE BELIEVE that each and every employee plays a key role in our growth, innovation, evolution, and legacy. We know that the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting diverse expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar in everything we do.
YOU ARE someone that is passionate about developing yourself and those around you. You enjoy being a part of a team that is collaborative, innovative, and driven to succeed. You are inspired to create lasting, memorable experiences for guests. You believe in delivering great service to guests, building strategic partnerships with clients, and continuing to learn and improve each day. You are flexible, adaptable, and are able to act decisively with little or no supervision.
YOU MAY HAVE:
- Bachelor's or Associate degree in a culinary field received by August 2022 or prior (required)
- One year of hospitality/culinary work or internship experience (preferred)
- Willingness to relocate for the right role or advancement opportunity
- Basic knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Demonstrated financial acumen including profit and loss management, inventory, and cash handling skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally with peers, employees, clients, and customers
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Basic understanding of contract administration and client relations
- Competency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Driver’s License (preferred)
- Serve safe certification (preferred)
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
As a Culinary/Back of House Manager in Training (MIT), you will gain preparation for a potential future role within our culinary team leadership. Through this process, you will learn the best practices of your Compass Group sector, and facilitate these practices within areas which may include, but are not limited to: menu planning, scheduling, purchasing and supply chain, hiring, training, payroll, profit and loss, and more. As an MIT, you will be assigned to a training location to complete the on-site, hands-on learning portion of your onboarding and training experience while you participate, in tandem, in Compass Group’s Accelerated Manager Program (AMP). Upon successful completion of AMP, relocation within your assigned region may be required to be considered for placement opportunities. Placement or promotional opportunity into a full-time management position upon completion of AMP is based upon your performance and business need and is not guaranteed. As an AMP grad with a focus in culinary/back-of-house operations, you may take on a managerial assignment in operational areas such as:
- Sous Chef
- Chef Management
ACCELERATED MANAGER PROGRAM
AMP is a unique combination of assessment, organizational training, and one-on-one coaching that surfaces and develops our future leaders. AMP provides new and aspiring managers with an impactful, fast-track learning opportunity focusing on management development. AMP uses a personalized approach that aims to customize learning for your unique strengths, skills, and interests. This program can be completed in 12 weeks or more, depending on your learning needs, your pace, and the goals of your particular sector.
By participating in AMP, you will receive:
- Competency-based assessment to identify your leadership strengths and opportunities for development
- Custom-built, personalized learning path with experiential learning, micro-courses, and simulations
- One-on-one peer support and mentorship
- 360° evaluation of progress and development
Positions at this location may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Apply to Wolfgang Puck today!
Wolfgang Puck Catering is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Wolfgang Puck Catering are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1116745
Wolfgang Puck Catering