Sous Chef - Rochester MI
- We are hiring immediately for a Sous Chef - Rochester MI
- Location: Note: online applications accepted only.
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1007263.
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
Summary: As a Sous Chef I, you are responsible for assisting with the overall success of the food program and overseeing culinary functions. The position entails assisting in all phases of planning, ordering, inventory, and food preparation. This includes adhering to the client’s culture and guidelines, the Health Department’s regulations, and the company’s standards and expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation. The Sous Chef I also motivates, trains, develops, and directs the back of house associates preparing and cooking foods to accomplish the objectives of the operation to the satisfaction of the customers, clients, and management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in coordinating and participating in the preparation and cooking of various food items.
- Assists with planning and creating menus.
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with the marketing and culinary team.
- Assists with managing cost controls and controlling expenditure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of related culinary experience including 1 year at the management level.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Knowledge of food and industry trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, safety, food cost controls, and presentation.
- Ability to set up and distribute production sheets.
- Supervisory, leadership, training, management, and coaching skills.
- ServSafe or Department of Health Certification is preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products including Excel.
- Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts is preferred.
Associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Req ID: 1007263