The nation's most innovative catering organization Wolfgang Puck Catering is seeking a Sous Chef.
Our diverse team is open-minded and curious about our clients & passionate in the celebration of life through good food and welcoming hospitality. We curate company and partner resources to bring our client’s vision to life. We seek to cultivate the next generation of talent, purveyors and partnerships.
The dynamic candidate will have an outstanding background in hospitality catering management with proven track record to lead & empower, while enjoying working with creative, cross-functional organization to spark innovations and services. Our ultimate goal is to develop mentoring and career building opportunities through a talent pipeline that allows us to promote from within.
“I can have the best food, but if we don’t have good people, it won’t get you very far” - Wolfgang Puck
The great things you will be doing:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Sous Chef is responsible for leading with the overall success of the quality food program; coordinating functions in supervising kitchen activities ensuring top quality, taste & presentation. The role entails managing all phases of planning, ordering, inventory and food preparation. The Sous Chef also ensures staff has accurate directions to accomplish the objectives of Wolfgang Puck standards and expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation. The role entails managing all phases of planning, ordering, inventory and food preparation. The Sous Chef also ensures staff has accurate direction to accomplish the objectives of Wolfgang Puck standards and expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation. The Sous Chef supports a culture of passion, enthusiasm, teamwork and superior service and is highly collaborative, motivating, training, developing team members to be their best.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with planning & creating menus; introduces new culinary programs in conjunction with the marketing and culinary team.
- Lead all aspects of production and assists in coordinating, preparation and cooking.
- Keeps up with trends, applies and shares knowledge with team members.
- Develop & cultivates positive peer, team and client relationships.
- Meets the financial goals, while working collaboratively with other managers.
- Maintains proper sanitation standards; Keeps the back of the house areas organized & clean.
- Ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures; controls waste and rotate production.
- Leads in adhering to the client's culture and guidelines.
- Helps with the hiring and training of new kitchen staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years of related culinary experience.
- 1+ years of management experience.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Knowledge of food and industry trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, safety, food cost controls, and presentation.
- Ability to set up and distribute production sheets.
- Outstanding organization, time management and team motivation skills.
- Highly thoughtful, driven, a quick learner and strong attention to detail.
- ServSafe or Department of Health Certification is preferred.
- Digital literacy and knowledge of MS Office products including Excel.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
- Hospitality driven with experiences of leading innovation and critical thinking; with passion and appreciation of culinary arts, food and dining.
- Takes ownership & pro-actively uses the right influencing techniques to gain commitment and support from other partners, both internally and externally while maintaining a positive demeanor.
- Finds new/quicker ways of meeting goals, shows conviction in own judgment and decisions and responds quickly in times of urgent needs.
- Pursues friendly relationships with colleagues, shares own knowledge and insight and displays a high level of energy and dedication to the organization.
Apply to Wolfgang Puck today!
Wolfgang Puck Catering is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Wolfgang Puck Catering are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 956523
Wolfgang Puck Catering