LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
We’re Food+ by Compass! Although the past couple of years have been quite a rollercoaster for everyone, our amazing talented teams have continued to work tirelessly crafting incredible food experiences to help fuel the teams creating world-changing technologies at one of the world’s major tech companies!
The food and experiences we provide make quite an impact! As we further return to the office, we’re more passionate than ever about supporting the long-term success & wellness of everyone we feed, and we love what we do.
We’re excited to grow our global team of skilled culinarians, managers, food service operators and subject matter experts - this is not just a workplace, it’s a place to innovate, a platform to bring your ideas to life, contribute to a sustainable future and best of all - be a part of an awesome team!
Working as the Sous Chef, you will be responsible for the successful operation of the Culinary Department for a facility. You will assist in the supervision, preparation, and cooking of various food items, developing daily menu items and their preparation and garnishment. You may supervise hourly associates and you work with Executive Chef/Chef to develop new menus and assist with ordering. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial Culinary professional.
The role will be based in Washington D.C.
The great things you’ll do
• Assists the Executive Chef with managing cost controls and control expenditures for the account
• Assists the Executive Chef with planning and creating menus
• Produces and execute catering events
• Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with Company marketing and culinary team
What we look for in a great candidate
• A.S. or equivalent experience
• Some progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
• Catering experience a plus
• High volume, complex foodservice operations experience - highly desirable
• Institutional and batch cooking experiences helpful
• Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
• Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
• Must be willing to participate in client satisfaction programs/activities
• ServSafe certified - highly desirable
Sound good? Apply now to take your seat at our Global table
Positions at this location require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass Group, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.