Sports & Entertainment Communications Manager - Home Office
Different perspectives make us better. We’re committed to creating an equal opportunity and fair treatment environment, where learning and growing together is just part of our every day. An environment where you can be your authentic self.
The disruptor in defining the sports and entertainment hospitality experience, Levy is recognized as the market leader and most critically acclaimed hospitality company in its industry. Twice named one of the 10 most innovative companies in sports by Fast Company magazine and one of the top three Best Employers for Diversity in America by Forbes, Levy’s diverse portfolio includes award-winning restaurants; iconic sports and entertainment venues, zoos and cultural institutions, theaters, and convention centers; as well as the Super Bowl, Grammy Awards, US Open Tennis Tournament, Kentucky Derby, and NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL, and MLS All-Star Games.
The Communications Manager will lead strategic communications planning, execution, and counsel to support the business objectives of Levy locations and partners in the field. This includes guiding PR and social media strategy, media relations, and digital content, as well as providing on-site event support and message coaching. This role will also support content development across Levy's internal and external communications channels, and work with the communications team lead to support Levy's global PR/thought leadership, and internal digital strategy.
- Lead strategic PR, digital, and social media planning and counsel for Levy locations and partners in the field
- Work with regional and location leaders to develop annual communications objectives and core messages for media, guest, and stakeholder communications
- Build relationships with business partners to align messages and priorities, and execute key communications activities
- Write press releases, interview prep documents, and other essential communications assets
- Prepare Levy spokespeople for interviews with talking points and individual coaching
- Work with Levy’s PR agency to pitch media stories, curate media lists, and compile reports
- Travel to provide on-site support as needed
- Support key Levy brand PR and external communications initiatives
- Write, edit, and organize materials for storytelling to elevate Levy’s vision, history, and evolution, including press releases, media pitches, blogs, and social media posts
- Work with Levy’s PR agency to facilitate key media opportunities
- Work with team members across disciplines to discover and share stories in support of annual communications objectives
- Contribute to content development for internal channels
- Contribute to Marketing, Communications, and Creative Studio strategy and planning
- Participate in planning sessions and contribute to the development of global Marketing, Communications, and Creative Studio group objectives
- Support communications team lead in the development of annual company communications strategy, encompassing internal/corporate, external, and thought leadership
- 3-5 years of PR, communications, or marketing agency or in-house experience
- Interested in sports, entertainment, or food/hospitality
- Demonstrated experience in sports, entertainment, or food/hospitality would be a plus
- Passionate about being the best storyteller, from discovering and shaping, to sharing the stories that move the company forward
- Energized by building relationships with team members across disciplines, partners, and other key stakeholders
- Self-motivated, with strong organizational, account management, and writing skills
- Driven by ROI and measurement
- Regular reader/news watcher/media consumer
Curious about Life at Levy? Check it out: Levy Culture
Positions at this location may require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Levy is a member of Compass Group USA. Compass Group/Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass/Levy, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
At Levy, team = family. And we’ll always take care of family, learn more about Levy benefits offered.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off Plan
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1009151