Sports Business Analytics Intern, E15 / Summer / Chicago, IL
At E15, we are the spark that ignites. Our team delivers next-generation insights based on data, not hunches, to drive business in healthcare, campus, corporate, sports, entertainment, hospitality, and retail industries to help companies make forward-looking decisions to benefit their business and their guests. For more information on what we are about as a company, check us out by following the link below: www.e15group.com
About the job
E15 On-Deck Sports Business Analytics Internship Program
June 2023 – August 2023
You’re someone who loves spreadsheets and formulas as much as your team winning the World Series. You’re a passionate foodie and known as a creative problem solver. To you, there’s nothing better than uncovering the “Why?” or solving a tough problem. You’re a collaborator and innovator.
If you are as passionate as we are about food and sports, then we are looking for you!
Join us in Chicago for the Summer 2023 On-Deck Sports Business Internship Program with E15, a data analytics and information services company, and Levy, the nation’s leader in Sports and Entertainment dining.
Position Description, Project Description
As an intern in this 10-week program, you’ll work with an analytics team that collaborates with some of the biggest brands in sports and entertainment to provide better performance reporting, build predictive models, optimize operations, create new insights, and perform a wide range of other data-driven activities that help grow the business. The program is intended to be in-person with interns working from E15’s Home Office located in Chicago, IL 3-4 days per week, 1-2 remote workdays per week. Please note: no housing subsidy is provided for temporary relocation.
- Data analysis and modeling projects, as assigned
- Building interactive reports
- Presenting/communicating analysis to internal stakeholders
- Exciting partners in major league sports, cultural events and restaurants
- A culture of genuine, kind collaborators
- An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
- An exciting Summer ahead full of professional development opportunities, team building activities, and events in Chicago
- Demonstrated experience analyzing complex data
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills
- Strong business acumen and entrepreneurial mindset
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- A good command of statistics
- A collaborative work style
- Familiarity with one or more of Tableau, R, and SQL
You Might Also Have:
- Familiarity with Python, C++, or Java
- Experience with some of the following techniques: regression models, classification models, optimization models, database querying, visual discovery, or complex financial modeling
Apply to E15 today!
E15 is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 1115113