SR CATERING MANAGER - M-F Schedule!
Salary: $58,500 - $95,000
Other Forms of Compensation:
Become part of Restaurant Associates, the industry’s leading provider of dining and event catering for some of the nation's most prestigious museums, performing arts centers and corporations! Voted Glassdoor's Employee Choice Awards- Best Places to Work in 2021, This is R/A !
As the Catering Manager of a prestigious client account located at 11 Madison Avenue, you will be responsible for the successful day-to-day operations of the catering department. The catering department provides service for conference and executive dining.
This position requires Monday through Friday availability (weekends and holidays off) and flexible daytime hours to meet the needs of the events calendar.
- Strong catering experience
- Team leadership (will manage a team of approximately 5 associates)
- Expertise with events coordination including ordering of rentals, temp labor, etc.
- Full understanding of planning and executing events from start to finish
- Creativity to create events and proposals per client requests
- Experience with and understanding of various types of Corporate Events - i.e. All Day Conferences, VIP Meetings, Receptions, Dinners etc
- Ability to multi-task between numerous projects simultaneously, while remaining extremely organized and calm in a fast-paced, fluctuating environment
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and Internet Research
- High level organizational, financial, and computational skills
- Be self-sufficient, able to work autonomously, and on-the-go from cell phone (whenever necessary)
- Outgoing, professional and willingness to adapt to constant changes
- Ability to execute an event from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Desire to continue career in hospitality, interest in contributing new ideas to improve department overall
Apply to Restaurant Associates today!
Restaurant Associates is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Associates at Restaurant Associates are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Restaurant Associates maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1246213