Sr Director of Product Management
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Positions at this location may require a COVID-19 vaccination and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Healthcare Digital Labs (HDL) is the digital and technology innovation arm for the Healthcare sector of Compass Group North America, a global leader in food and support services. Compass Group employs 280,000 operators and serves over 11 million meals every day across corporations, academia and healthcare.
WHAT WE DO:
We are a team of high-performing problem solvers with the same vision: to drive the digital future in hospitality. As digital experts, we are focused on building a diverse set of products and solutions for our consumers. Our core products include mobile apps and cloud-based platforms. We also invest in areas like AI, IoT and frictionless retail. to evolve, explore and develop the future of hospitality and technology
Learn more about what we do here [Video]
Compass Group is the leading foodservice management and support services company with $17 billion in revenue in 2017. In 2020 and 2021, Compass Group was named one of Forbes’ Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women, and was named one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune as well as being ranked #1 by Food Management’s Top 50 in 2020.
The Senior Director of Product Management will be a collaborative, service-oriented, experienced leader who will own the product development process from discovery to delivery for multiple projects and in support of multiple service lines. You will be rethinking and redesigning existing applications, developing new features to enhance user experience, and designing and developing new products and tools to drive scalable operational processes and new, innovative products to drive revenue growth. You will be a key driver of digital transformation for the healthcare businesses within Compass Group.
The Senior Director will help build and lead a team of Agile product owners in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment. You will partner closely with the Digital Strategy team, the User Experience team, Engineering team, and the various business lines to understand their business needs, bringing insights and requirements back from the business into HDL and CDL teams for further research and development of solutions in support of broader innovation.
The position will report to the Vice President of Digital Strategy, Healthcare Digital Labs.
- Drive a cohesive product strategy and direction for products that are both step-change improvements and make incremental progress toward company goals.
- Identify new areas of opportunity for investment to build innovative, market differentiating products.
- Define product roadmaps and execution strategies leveraging insights, data, and business needs in partnership with strategy, design, engineering, and functional teams.
- Drive and participate in gathering and development of requirements for products in roadmap.
- Learn from users and business units, understand their challenges and drive the development of innovative products.
- Define key metrics and goals to ensure the team is set up for success.
- Partner with Digital Education and Digital Care teams to develop and maintain training and support collateral and processes for product portfolio.
- Manage and develop team of Product Owners, including identifying, hiring, training, and ongoing coaching of associates
- Contribute positively to the broader Healthcare Digital Labs Team knowledge base, best practices, and collaborative team culture
- Represent Healthcare Digital Labs and Compass Digital Labs, customers, and potential customers, in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Minimum 10+ years related experience in Product Management in the digital, technology, and/or operations space
- Experience leading product management in an Agile environment; CSPO certification a plus
- Experience managing and building a team
- Problem-solver with strong sense of curiosity and creativity
- Service-oriented leader with strong organizational skills
- Strong relationship management and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Food service or hospitality industry experience is a plus
- Healthcare industry experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree is strongly preferred
- Operational knowledge a benefit
- Travel possible
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1002973