SR. DIRECTOR OF TALENT MANAGEMENT (HYBRID)
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
The Senior Director, Talent Management for Compass Group will play a significant role in enhancing organizational capability and work towards creating a high-performance, sustainable organization that meets its strategic and operational goals.
The Senior Director, Talent Management will lead a team of professionals to deliver solutions aimed at improving skills and readiness across the organization. Solutions include, but are not limited to, development and management of talent profiles, competency models, assessment tools, diversity, organizational change framework, engagement models, project and delivery consultation, distance learning strategy, scalable programs, curriculum, and systems strategy to ensure consistency and continuous improvement.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to build talent within an organization filled with intelligent, collaborative, hard-working employees dedicated to the overall growth and support of Compass Group and its clients.
- Embed talent planning processes and routines in the business through talent discussions, quarterly operations reviews, talent councils, and line of business talent reviews.
- Effectively execute on talent strategy, including performance management; individual, team, and leadership development; succession planning and readiness, among others, to address current and future business needs Design effective engagement strategies with a focus on retention of high performers, high potentials, and key contributors
- Contribute to the development and execution of overall business strategy by helping HR business partners and business leaders identify, prioritize, and build talent capabilities Develop appropriate metrics and tracking mechanisms to build accountability, measure results, and optimize the impact of the talent management programs
- Serve as a strategic advisor and assist with the implementation of the technology needed to better understand our talent, our talent gaps, and our succession bench strength.
- Serve as the internal Subject Matter Expert regarding talent management best practices as well as current trends and innovative new tools and methods Utilize HR systems and technologies to effectively manage and analyze talent profiles and trends
- Partner with Learning and Development, HR Business Partners, and Business Leaders to provide organization-wide training and capability building for all levels of employees and management to drive for positive and measurable impact on the culture, engagement, and performance of the company.
- Lead and manage a team of full-time employees in an a highly collaborative, cross-functionally agile organization. May also lead the work of others who support this function, interns, rotational employees, and external consultants.
- Partner with Internal Mobility Talent Acquisition leaders to integrate TM methodologies, procedures, and awareness of key internal moves and overall fairness of process.
- Cultivate partnering relationships with third-party vendors.
- BS/BA Degree Required, Human Resources, Organizational Behavior, or Business Administration preferred.
- Experience in creating career paths/career ladders with experience in OD
- 10+ years of experience or more in relevant domains such as succession planning and organizational effectiveness consulting.
- Experience working with senior leaders to develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives.
- Experience leading end-to-end talent processes including facilitating talent discussions, succession planning, development of talent pools.
- Impeccable judgment and professional maturity; demonstrated ability to soundly advise on sensitive matters.
- High comfort level in ambiguous situations; ability to learn quickly and exercise judgment in situations where data may be lacking.
- Strong facilitation skills; able to take leaders from broad discussions to specific development actions.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills that are impactful with Senior Leadership.
- Strong consultation and collaboration skills.
- Strong attention to detail; use reporting/ analytics identifying KPI’s and driving improvements.
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Compass Corporate maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1183849
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1183849