SR. DIRECTOR OF TALENT MANAGEMENT
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation.
About Talent & Development:
We are strategic partners and advisors to Operations and Human Resources in matters involving Talent Reviews, Workforce Planning, Leadership Assessment and Development, and Performance Management. We are committed to enhancing the skills, knowledge, and professional development of all associates through quality and innovative training. Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
The Senior Director, Talent and Development - Corporate and Foodbuy, reports directly to the VP Talent and Development of Compass Group N.A. Working closely with Compass Corporate & Foodbuy executives and HR senior leaders, this position liaises to create talent strategies that support a company’s efforts to attract, develop, and keep the best employees. This role focuses on the design and implementation of programs and processes for workforce planning, performance management, talent review, organizational learning strategy, employee assessment, and succession planning. The Senior Director, Talent and Development - Corporate & Foodbuy works closely with sector executives and senior HR leaders to identify talent and skill gaps to create strategic solutions for improving skills across all of our Corporate functions and Foodbuy.
The Senior Director, Talent and Development - Corporate & Foodbuy develops learning strategies that address associate development needs and key business drivers. Utilizing a holistic design approach to support people and performance. The Senior Director, Talent and Development - Corporate & Foodbuy regularly partners with Talent Acquisition, Diversity and Inclusion and Human Resource Business Partners. This position leads a team of professionals to deliver solutions aimed at identifying employee readiness, talent gaps, and retention risks among high potential associate populations across the organization.
This individual must have the ability to build strong business relationships, manage a wide variety of projects, promote and execute business processes, possess strong financial acumen, analytical skills, and display solid leadership and change management skills. This associate must have the ability to think strategically and serve as a catalyst for proactive change. This associate must also be able to execute in a hands-on manner and develop a team that can do the same. Self-motivated individuals with excellent communication skills and a passion for developing employees are best suited for this role. Prior experience in managing or directing remote teams is essential.
* Provide professional expertise and support in the design, development and implementation of the talent review process and other talent management processes that are required to achieve business goals and results in the creation of an internal bench of top talent.
* Ensure that organization-wide talent and development initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness.
* Drive strategic workforce planning to ensure their clients’ talent & development strategy is grounded in the anticipated growth or evolving needs of the business.
* Create and maintain an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity and competitive advantage in support of the company's diversity and inclusion strategic plan.
* Develop and manage internal and external strategic initiative communications in a way that demonstrates a deep understanding of message content and impact on the intended audience.
* Solicit relevant input and deliver presentations for executives and senior leaders in support of talent and development strategy.
* Facilitate the definition, monitoring and reporting of overall sector talent and learning initiative metrics and associated actions.
* In partnership with senior leaders, identify the leadership capabilities needed both now and in the future across all levels of leadership. Translate those leadership capabilities into behaviors that drive business strategy and adjust model as needed.
* Partner with HR, recruiting teams, and other leader stakeholders to assess manager and leader development needs to ensure internal leader readiness and execution of planned succession.
* Stay current on leading trends in organizational development and be a thought leader for senior HR and executives on learning development best practices.
* Provide oversight and project management direction for critical initiatives.
* Ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
* Hire, engage and develop a high performing team.
* Minimum of 7 years of experience consulting, designing and delivering organizational development, talent and learning solutions for complex organizations, including but not limited to distance learning solutions.
* Minimum 5 years of experience leading and developing a team of professional level associates.
* Significant experience interacting with executives and facilitating executive-level meetings.
* Project management and consulting experience.
* Highly collaborative with excellent interpersonal skills.
* Able to think conceptually, understand the big picture and convey to others.
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1069018