Sr Financial Analyst - Memphis, TN - Morrison Healthcare
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices® wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's (PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41 million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000 professional food service team members.
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Working as the Financial Analyst you will be responsible for assessing the financial performance of the food service operations within the hospital system. You will assist with all the accounting and control functions at the account including all revenue and expense reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and monthly financial reporting requirements.
- Compiles new and rebid pro-forma and analyzes for accuracy
- Prepares and analyzes monthly management reporting; new, rebid and lost business reporting; weekly Business Owner Reports
- Provides financial guidance to operating units within the region on matters involving client returns, revenue and profitability goals
- Improves financial status by compiling and analyzing budgets and forecast, monitoring variances, identifying trends, and considering "what if” scenarios to bring forth suggestions to the Regional Director of Operations
- Documents and maintains complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transaction.
- Provides accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual project
- Creates and designs reports and spreadsheets; creates and maintains a database to organize, collect and upload data into required reporting formats
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University in Accounting or Finance; three to five years of related experience in Foodservice
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to competently use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Ability to competently use a personal computer
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Experience with SAP, Excel, Power Point, Access
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
Apply to Morrison Healthcare today!
Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 961748
Joshua Ryan Keith