Sr HR Generalist- Cooperstown, NY
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals throughout its over 1300 healthcare service teams in 46 states. Crothall has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work and Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania since 2013 and Becker's Top 150 Places to Work since 2016. A division of Compass Group USA, we have more than 26,000 team members. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transportation, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory EVS. Learn more at www.Crothall.com.
Positions at this location may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Working as a Senior HR Manager, you will support numerous Human Resource functions to meet strategic, tactical and administrative Human Resource objectives. You must be able to communicate effectively with Senior Management and across various support departments. Your knowledge of employee relations and your strong analytical ability will be used to support HR initiatives.
- Ensures all Company HR related policies are applied consistently.
- Objectively coaches associates and management through complex and difficult issues. Provides guidance to management on appropriate disciplinary action. Assists with on-site investigations.
- Oversees MyOpportunity for hourly recruitment and onboarding.
- Maintains and coordinates associate recognition programs.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state laws.
- Regularly runs and/or reviews HR activity reports.
- Supports internal customer survey and associate engagement survey interpretation/feedback process.
- Attends department manager meetings to increase HR visibility, conducts classroom training, provides assistance and implements HR initiatives.
- Reviews any request for pay increases or other status changes to ensure internal equity and consistency. Processes status change forms.
- Prepares, coordinates and presents HR related topics and other HR related training.
- Acts as the diversity champion by leading assigned tasks and corporate diversity activities including diversity recruiting, retention and promotion goals.
- Assists in the creation of Personal Development Plans, as appropriate, for associates.
- Participates in the Annual Performance Appraisal process.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- PHR or SPHR designation strongly preferred.
- Three plus years human resources generalist experience required; management experience a plus.
- HR experience at a large, multi-unit organization required.
- Previous experience as part of a centralized HR environment, preferably in a corporate setting.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills; advanced skills preferred.
- Content-knowledge regarding employment law, policies, procedures, and programs
- Experience in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions
- Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Strong presentation skills required.
- Training certification a plus (i.e. Zenger-Miller, Stephen Covey, etc.).
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Crothall are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1007628