Staff Accountant - George R. Brown Convention Center - Houston, Texas
Position Title: Staff Accountant
George R. Brown Convention Center - Houston, Texas
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1154392.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages, one in which you can learn and grow and be a part of a great team? We're hiring! Great team member perks like Instapay (early access to your wages) and high interest savings both through the EVEN app.
From the stadium to the head table, Levy leverages unbridled creativity, custom strategies, impeccable service, and true love for great food to create unforgettable experiences. Founded in Chicago 40 years ago as a Delicatessen, Levy now finds itself as a leading presence in the Food, Beverage, and Retail industry across 200 plus Entertainment, Sports, and Restaurant venues across the country.
For more information on what we are about as a company, check us out by following the link below: http://www.levyrestaurants.com/who-we-are/
Positions at this location may require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
This individual will participate as an integral part of the accounting team during the month end close process, as well as contribute to financial reporting, inventory analysis, year-end audit preparation, and budget and forecast activities and general accounting support to all Levy departments.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with financial institutions and armored carriers to research and resolve discrepancies
- Partner with Regional Controllers and Accountants to research and resolve ledger discrepancies
- Participate in monthly financial close process including account analysis, account reconciliations, and preparing journal entries
- Process reconciliations, ensuring timely and accurate posting, prepare and analyze financial information, and report and explain variances
- Contribute to the measurement of Company key performance indicators
- Additional duties as assigned
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Two years of Accounting Experience
- Working knowledge of SAP financial and inventory accounting experience a plus
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook, and Excel skills
Apply to Levy today!
Levy is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Associates of Levy are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Instapay (early access to your wages) and high interest savings both through the EVEN app
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Program
- Discount Marketplace
- Employee Assistance Program
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1154392