Staff Software Engineer - Backend
Compass Digital Labs is the innovation company within Compass Group, creating cutting-edge digital retail experiences for universities, hospitals, corporate offices, sports and entertainment venues, and beyond. Healthcare Digital Labs is a division of Compass Digital Labs that focuses on the future of healthcare technology and innovation, working directly with associates and customers to accelerate technology innovation and digital transformation within Compass Group’s healthcare sectors.
We are a diverse team of inventive problem solvers focused on creating new solutions rooted in the user’s actual needs. We design products and services to create experiences that improve the lives of our users. We believe in the power of ‘What If?’ and combining creative people with different talents to make a dent in the world. Solving complex problems is not work, it’s fun and we are all here to dream up the most engaging solutions in the world, with the smartest people we know.
Compass Group is the leading foodservice management and support services company with $17 billion in revenue in 2017. In 2020 and 2021, Compass Group was named one of Forbes’ Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women, and was named one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune as well as being ranked #1 by Food Management’s Top 50 in 2020.
Learn more about what we do here [Video]
As part of CDL’s Healthcare Digital Labs division, the Staff Software Engineer will work with the Compass Healthcare business to drive the digital future in healthcare - specifically around Patient, Healthcare Staff, Long-term care and Hospital Retail experiences.
This position will be accountable for product quality, adherence to architecture governance guidelines, and working with and mentoring the other engineers within the team. This position has full latitude for independent judgment when applying skills and problem-solving capabilities, with input and minimal oversight required by senior software architect or supervisor.
- Decompose user stories and translate them into detailed design specifications and code
- Interact with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers
- Improve products by making them more integrated, scalable, usable, flexible, and secure
- Participate in evaluation of new tools, platforms, and technologies and articulate business case for investments
- Hands-on delivery, in addition to providing coaching, oversight of software engineers
- Being hands on with coding/development as business need dictates
- 5+ years web application development experience
- Proficient knowledge of the operation and development designs of agile software
- High level of experience with Healthcare Technologies including EMR systems integration and Healthcare data interchange standards e.g., HL7, FHIR and CCDA
- Experience working with HIPAA, PHI and other healthcare standards
- Hands on experience working with any Object-oriented Language (Java preferred)
- Hands on Experience with Spring Boot framework
- Web service development experience
- Experience with CI/CD build/deployment using GIT
- Proficient knowledge of database design and data modeling
- Experience developing cloud native applications preferably using AWS (S3, EKS, lambda, ECS, EC2, EFS, RDS, SQS, SNS, Elastic Beanstalk, Amplify, API Gateway, etc) and good understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks
- BA/BS in Computer Science, MIS or related discipline
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1028796