SUPERVISOR, STOREROOM (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for several SUPERVISOR, STOREROOM (FULL-TIME) positions.
- Location: Fanny's restaurant at the Academy Museum - 6067 West Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90036. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-Time; Schedule may vary, more details upon interview.
- Requirement: Previous food service experience preferred.
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 917690.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Wolfgang Puck Catering is committed to recruiting individuals who express an interest in and passion for hospitality-driven experiences; who come from diverse backgrounds, are open-minded and curious about our clients and guests; and, most of all, who possess a welcoming smile and spirit. Our ultimate goal is to develop mentoring and career building opportunities through a talent pipeline that allows us to promote from within.
"The most important thing in life, whatever you do, has to be passion." Wolfgang Puck
Success on our team starts with our culture:
- We have Wolfgang’s PASSION for our business, our product, and our people / guests / clients.
- A FLEXIBLE MINDSET is key; we are strategic business partners who wear multiple hats.
- Our services require a CONCIERGE mentality, a bias to action with humble hospitality.
- We are out-of-the-box PROBLEM SOLVERS, who look around corners so our clients and guests don’t have to.
- We curate company and partner resources to bring our client’s vision to life. We seek to cultivate the next generation of talent, purveyors and partnerships.
- We bring an entrepreneurial approach to deliver results for our clients (you might call this scrappy).
- Collaboration and openness to innovative business tools, new ways of thinking and ability to partner across departments are essential to create optimal business solutions.
“I can have the best food, but if we don’t have good people, it won’t get you very far.”
Summary: Oversees and coordinates activities in a storeroom or stockroom.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise associates who order, receive, and put away inventory.
- Supervise associates who issue or ship materials.
- Ensure that stocks and supplies are adequate, and are stored in a manner that preserves their quality.
- Ensure that FIFO system is used to minimize waste.
- Plan the layout and design of the storeroom, considering factors such as stock turnover, size and weight.
- Communicate with management and make recommendations regarding non-usable, slow-moving and excess stock.
- Resolve discrepancies between inventory and stock-control records.
- Assists vendors in gaining access to deliver (open gates, storerooms) and supervise while area is unsecure.
- Covers shifts for storeroom employees that are on vacation, sick, or otherwise absent.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Wolfgang Puck Catering