SUPERVISOR, WAREHOUSE (FULL TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full time SUPERVISOR, WAREHOUSE position.
- Location: Canteen Asheville - 76 Old Shoals Rd, Arden, NC 28704 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full time schedule. Sunday - Thursday. 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
- Requirement: Previous experience is preferred.
- Starting pay: $17.50 per hour
- Perks: Quarterly bonuses up to $500 and a discount on snacks and drinks!
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Canteen brings break time to everyone. We combine food, service, and experience backed by industry-leading technology to help companies create a better workplace and connect their employees. Canteen’s solutions include markets, office coffee and snacks, unattended retail, and culinary.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Their dedication, collaboration, and passion fuel our growth. Interested in joining our team? You bring the enthusiasm, customer service, and commitment; we’ll supply the opportunity and innovation. Together, we’ll continue to transform our industry.
Come for the job, stay for the career. We are Canteen.
Summary: Works with warehouse associates to prepare and move merchandise in accordance with safety, performance, accuracy standards and employment guidelines. Maintains and verifies documentation to facilitate the flow of merchandise through the Distribution Center. Performance directly impacts overall safety, cost and service metrics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises associates in the warehouse; responsible for selection, onboarding, training, scheduling and planning, assigning and directing work and performance management.
- Develops and posts associates' work schedules; ensures adequate labor for each shift.
- Reads schedules, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed; records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving areas to storage or other designated areas; sorts and places materials and items from receiving areas to storage on racks, shelves, in bins and in other designated areas.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within warehouse to comply with company standards; uses computer to enter records; compiles worksheets or tickets according to company specifications.
- Maintains inventory records; fills requisitions, work orders or requests for new items and distributes items; marks products with identifying information; opens bales, crates, boxes and other containers; sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms.
- Maintains clean, safe work environment; performs job safely; reports unsafe and/or hazardous conditions.
- Issues and delivers items to their proper destinations; obtains signatures to ensure proper documentation of delivery/receipt; coordinates loading of vehicles for delivery.
- Manages and maintains stock control; plans future needs and adjusts par levels; processes stock orders; reviews orders; controls dead stock; maintains scheduling of deliveries on dock.
- Opens and closes the visitor area; secures doors and turns off lights.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid Non-CDL Class C driver's license, unless otherwise indicated by state; must be forklift trained and certified within 30 days of hire.
Associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits.
Full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates: Retirement Plan, Associate Shopping Program, Health and Wellness Programs, Discount Marketplace, Identity Theft Protection, Pet Insurance, Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
Full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance/AD, Disability Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act.
Canteen maintains a drug-free workplace.