Supply Chain, Data, & Logistics Intern, Chartwells Higher Ed
- We are hiring immediately for a Supply Chain, Data, & Logistics Intern position.
- Location: Role will ideally be located on one of Chartwells' campuses near you, but will be determined upon finding the right candidate. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Flexible hours to be determined around class schedule; more details upon interview.
- Requirement: Supply Chain/Logistics, and/or Agricultural Data Science major/minor preferred
At colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
With over 300 campuses around the country, we are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
You will be working closely with the leaders in Chartwells Higher Ed Central Support Team, Campus Operations and upstream suppliers. Building and sharing skills and competencies to help lead accuracy of our data mapping, supplier resources and supply chain system. You will gain exposure to real data sets, real-world supply chain scenarios, demand planning, emergency response coordination and other special projects to support process improvement within our organization. You will also gain exposure to analyzing raw data, and bring creativity to the way we want to look at our information and positively impact our strategic initiatives.
• Sophomore or Junior majoring in Supply Chain, Agriculture, Logistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Statistics or related field with an interest in supply chain
• Highly proficient in Excel and data analytics
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Creative and entrepreneurial spirit
• Good to better interpersonal skills
• General interest and knowledge
Job Responsibilities (May include any or all):
• Executing operational standards
• Financials, P+L, Loss Prevention
• Supplier and vendor partner relations
• Operational support of serving platforms
• Inventory management
• Opportunity to be part of an innovative and collaborative intern experience
• Meet and engage with senior leaders within the organization and expand your network
• Competitive hourly rate
• Acquire hands-on data analytics experience that cannot be taught in a classroom
• Gain invaluable corporate work experience
• Professional development workshops and leadership sessions
• Broaden career experience via job shadowing key team members
• Demonstrate awareness, understanding and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment.
• Experience opportunities to learn, observe, and practice a variety of experiences in the world of hospitality.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).