Sustainability Intern, Chartwells Higher Ed / University of Florida
- We are hiring immediately for a Sustainability Intern position.
- Location: Racquet Club Dining Center 114 Gainesville, FL Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: To be determined based on class schedule and business needs.
- Starting pay: $14.00-$16.00 per hour.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1234236.
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At over 300 colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
You will be working closely with the Sustainability Manager developing skills and competencies to understand what is needed to be successful in the world of sustainability. You will gain valuable experience in the following areas: operations, marketing, administration, guest services, problem resolution, planning and implementation of innovation and client relationship skills. This internship involves hands on experience working in the world of sustainability which will guide you to your personal success in a career of sustainability.
• A love of the world of hospitality
• Interest in the service industry
• Attitude of a leader
• Enjoyment of inspiring others and sharing knowledge
• Good to better interpersonal skills
• General interest and knowledge
• Awareness to sustainability practices
• Must be undergraduate student
Interest in one or more of the following:
• Trim Trax- Waste Management
• Carbon foodprint
• Farm to Fork
• Interest in creating a better community
• Quality Assurance
Job Responsibilities (May include any or all):
• Research and Analysis of sustainable best practices
• Coordinate sustainable initiatives and visualizing the source of our food
• Results analysis: preparing metric-backed stories for Business Reviews and other touch points
• Inputting your business Unit’s operations data into reporting programs
• Food Recovery Network Initiatives
• Executing operational standards
• Story telling: sharing metric-backed stories with reporting entities (e.g. AASHE STARS, GRA, etc.)
• Working in different settings within the world of hospitality: FOH, BOH, Catering, Admin
• Training dining team and students on sustainable initiatives
• Present findings in reports and presentations
• Demonstrate awareness, understanding and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment.
• Experience opportunities to learn, observe, and practice a variety of experiences in the world of sustainability.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act.
Chartwells Higher Ed maintains a drug-free workplace.