Sustainability Intern, Chartwells HIgher Ed / Wingate University
- We are hiring immediately for a Sustainability Intern position.
- Location: 204 East Wilson Street, Wingate, NC. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: To be determined around class schedule and business need; more details upon interview.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 956733.
At colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
With over 300 campuses around the country, we are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
You will be working closely with the leaders in the Wingate University Hospitality group developing skills and competencies to understand what is needed to be successful in the world of sustainability. You will gain valuable experience in the following areas: operations, marketing, administration, guest services, problem resolution, planning and implementation of innovation and client relationship skills. This internship involves hands on experience working in the world of hospitality which will guide you to your personal success in a career of sustainability.
• A love of the world of hospitality
• Interest in the service industry
• Attitude of a leader
• Enjoyment of inspiring others and sharing knowledge
• Good to better interpersonal skills
• General interest and knowledge
• Awareness to sustainability practices
• Must be undergraduate student
Interest in one or more of the following:
• Trim Trax- Waste Management
• Carbon foodprint
• Farm to Fork
• Interest in creating a better community
• Quality Assurance
Job Responsibilities (May include any or all):
• Research and Analysis of sustainable best practices
• Coordinate sustainable initiatives and visualizing the source of our food
• Results analysis: preparing metric-backed stories for Business Reviews and other touch points
• Inputting your business Unit’s operations data into reporting programs
• Food Recovery Network Initiatives
• Executing operational standards
• Story telling: sharing metric-backed stories with reporting entities (e.g. AASHE STARS, GRA, etc.)
• Working in different settings within the world of hospitality: FOH, BOH, Catering, Admin
• Training dining team and students on sustainable initiatives
• Present findings in reports and presentations
• Demonstrate awareness, understanding and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment.
• Experience opportunities to learn, observe, and practice a variety of experiences in the world of sustainability.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).