Different perspectives make us better. We’re committed to creating an equal opportunity and fair treatment environment, where learning and growing together is just part of our every day. An environment where you can be your authentic self.
The disruptor in defining the sports and entertainment hospitality experience, Levy is recognized as the market leader and most critically acclaimed hospitality company in its industry. Twice named one of the 10 most innovative companies in sports by Fast Company magazine and one of the top three Best Employers for Diversity in America by Forbes, Levy’s diverse portfolio includes award-winning restaurants; iconic sports and entertainment venues, zoos and cultural institutions, theaters, and convention centers; as well as the Super Bowl, Grammy Awards, US Open Tennis Tournament, Kentucky Derby, and NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL, and MLS All-Star Games.
TITLE: On-Deck Summer Internship - Sustainability
LOCATION: Levy Home Office - 980 N. Michigan Ave Chicago, IL
TIME FRAME: June 6, 2023 - August 10, 2023
We love what we do. From the 100,000-seat stadium to the Michelin-starred restaurant, Levy leverages impeccable service and true love for great food to create unforgettable experiences. We have forty years of exponential growth, pairing food and beverage to the most exciting moments in sports and entertainment (think Cubs World Series win, Super Bowl LIII, and the Grammys) and we are not slowing down. We are looking for the best talent for us to continue to be the best in the industry. Join us.
Levy’s On-Deck Summer Internship is a 10-week, project-based program with a focus on improving business operations on a strategic and multifunctional level. Interns will be exposed to Levy’s unique culture, personal and professional development workshops, and standards of service at Levy’s Home Office in Chicago, IL. This summer internship program is offered to full-time college students interested in a career in hospitality, sports and entertainment, or data analytics. Upon successful completion of the On-Deck program, interns have the potential to receive a full-time, entry-level position post-graduation.
On- Deck Interns will work independently or in a partnership/group on their 10-week project and will follow a structured curriculum presenting their findings to Levy Leadership at the conclusion of the summer. Professionalism, time management, problem solving, and eagerness to learn are expectations of each intern. Sustainability intern responsibilities may include (but will not be limited to):
- Work with the Director of Sustainability on key Levy initiatives including Compass team engagement
- Mine data related to best practices and applicable Levy venues
- Develop a project path that highlights Levy’s commitment to sustainable practices Required Qualifications:
- Full-time student currently enrolled at an accredited four-year university/college majoring in an appropriate discipline
- A skilled multitasker who works with a sense of urgency
- A team player with the ability to work cohesively with Levy team members and fellow interns alike
- An effective communicator comfortable engaging with potential guests, leadership and key stakeholders
- Hospitality focused individual with a desire to learn and grow within the industry
- Fluent in English reading, writing, and speaking
- Efficient in basic math and computer skills (MS Office, Outlook)
- Ability to provide own housing and transportation accommodations to Levy’s Chicago Home Office for the duration of the 10-week program Preferred Qualifications:
- Interest in Sustainability shown through club participation or other employment (volunteer included)
- Ability to digest data and create a project plan
- Comfortable working with various locations and stakeholders Levy is an equal opportunity employer.
At Levy we are committed to treating all Applicants and Team Members fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Curious about Life at Levy? Check it out: Levy Culture
Levy is a member of Compass Group USA. Compass Group/Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass/Levy, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Levy maintains a drug-free workplace.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1167126