System Patient Services Director - Memphis, TN - Morrison Healthcare
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices® wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's (PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41 million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000 professional food service team members.
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Responsible to direct the functions of Patient Food Services for the system. These functions include, but are not limited to, management, education, training, and performance improvement of patient food service personnel. In coordination with the Systems Director Operations and Director, Nutrition Systems, assures compliance with all patient related regulatory agencies in each facility in the system. Ensures patient satisfaction and good public relations are achieved through the safe and efficient use of resources.
- Must be able to travel up to 50%
- Coordinates and implements system’s patient service programs based upon system’s medical direction, patient population, and contract
- Hires, leads, directs, coaches, trains, and develops patient services managers and supervisors
- Oversees the evaluation of and discipline of patient food services employees, as applicable and according to departmental policy
- Monitors competency, productivity and documentation accuracy of patient services managers and teams utilizing necessary tools and resources
- Visits patients on an assigned nursing unit or area and helps ensure that every patient is visited by a member of the management or professional team at least once during their hospital stay
- Ensures patient services staff assists in achieving stated patient satisfaction goals
- Communicates effectively with all team members, patients and families through conferences, individual consultation and committee participation
- Performs other tasks that may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Hospitality Management or related field or equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience with at least two (2) years in healthcare, including one (1) year in a managerial position
- Certified Dietary Manager required if associate does not have a degree in Nutrition or Dietetics; Registered Dietitian preferred
- ServSafe® Certified
- Some knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Supervisory, leadership, management and coaching skills
- Communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate on various levels to include management, client, customer and associate levels
- Financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet
Apply to Morrison Healthcare today!
Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 961747
Joshua Ryan Keith