Technical Services Manager - San Francisco, CA
Position Title: Technical Services Manager - San Francisco, CA
Waveguide LLC is an independent consulting and design firm working with clients in a wide range of commercial and institutional markets to develop critical communication technology systems and infrastructure solutions. Our technology expertise includes audiovisual, voice and data communications infrastructure, and smart building controls. Our focus is on creating strategic technology plans, efficient building and infrastructure designs, and effective technology system solutions to drive the success of our clients’ organizations.
Waveguide, a part of the EUREST Family-Then & Now. Great Food and Great Service are only possible with Great People behind the scenes. EUREST's steadfast dedication to the training and support of our associates continues to nourish our vision and growth. Dedication, diligence, operational excellence and hands-on expertise are EUREST trademarks – only achievable through the work of our team of professionals. We embark on a relationship with every EUREST associate that provides, demonstrates and cherishes growth, education and ongoing mentoring – today and every day.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the “job search” in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on “referral tracking.” For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email MyReferral@compass-usa.com.
Working as an Audio Visual Manager, you are responsible for audio visual needs in a corporate conference center. Additionally, you will be responsible for the following:
- The candidate must be able to problem solve to troubleshoot and provide solutions for presentation needs under high-pressure circumstances and conferences
- Must have the ability to make immediate decisions in order to provide the client with an immediate solution without any downtime in client meetings
- Supervise, motivate and train staff. Set up communication process including daily meetings, team meetings, communication log, etc.
- Must be capable of managing own time, working within the broader IT department areas of responsibility
- Work with state of the art Audio Visual conferencing equipment; including webcast and telephone conferencing
- Oversee the management of daily operations for the conference rooms
- Be able to upload and display PowerPoint presentations and slide shows
- Coordinate with outside vendors to successfully execute large scale events
- Schedule equipment and staff to cover the conference and events of the week ahead
- speak with other technology providers to integrate services
- Track equipment inventory and controls as well as SLA compliance including response time and customer satisfaction
- Ensure room check inspections and regular preventative maintenance is performed on all equipment
- Create proposals for new AV equipment, services, or staffing as requested or needed
- To develop, evolve, compile and complete monthly and quarterly metrics and reports and business case analysis and scorecards
- Identify continuous improvement processes for seamless customer service across both lines of business. Follow up on service challenges and take corrective action
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of four years' work experience in an audio visual manager or supervisor role
- CTS Certification a plus
- Advanced knowledge of integrated AV systems, inclusive, but not limited to: data projection, audio, video, Tanberg, Clear one, Extron, AT&T Connect, Cisco systems
- Proactive mindset to anticipate and support changes in our business
- Superior quantitative, oral and written communications and problem-solving/strategizing skills
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
- Exceptional customer service abilities
- Competent in MS applications - Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Visio, FrontPage, Word, Internet, and Outlook
- Membership & participation in professional organizations
- This is a hands-on job requiring both management skills and technical skills
- Ability to move conference room tables, chairs and lift 50 pounds as needed
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Waveguide are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)