TECHNICIAN, BIOMEDICAL II
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals throughout its over 1300 healthcare service teams in 46 states. Crothall has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work and Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania since 2013 and Becker's Top 150 Places to Work since 2016. A division of Compass Group USA, we have more than 26,000 team members. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transportation, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory EVS. Learn more at www.Crothall.com.
- Performs planned maintenance and electrical safety inspections on a broad range of patient care and selected support equipment in compliance with established standards.
- Manages all assigned equipment and schedules service.
- Performs pre-acceptance inspections and develop PM procedures on equipment; maintains files on procedures and manuals.
- Ensures test equipment is working properly and calibrated within established intervals.
- Responds expeditiously to calls from clinical departments to evaluate and rectify valid operator complaints and concerns.
- Researches and initiates orders for repair parts, working within established budget parameters.
- Maintains purchase order log and validate invoices for payment (field service personnel only).
- Provides informal training to equipment users and Crothall Services Group staff as requested or when circumstances dictate.
- Makes recommendations to the Department Manager regarding service strategies on equipment; keeps supervisor informed of activities, needs and problems.
- Participates in the Quality Improvement / Risk Management program by gaining an understanding of the issues and concerns of customers and making recommendations for improvement.
- Maintains an orderly and functional work environment.
- Provides emergency on-call responsibilities as needed.
- Documents all significant asset related actions in compliance with department practices.
- Participates in department meetings.
- Collaborates with fellow technical personnel in department meetings to ensure they are kept abreast of technical updates and/or device related problems.
- Associates degree in electronics/biomedical equipment technology, military training or equivalent experience
- 3 years servicing clinical/patient care equipment in a hospital environment
- For field service positions requiring travel, valid driver’s license is required
- Ability to work independently with some supervision
- Good communication and strong customer service skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- Working knowledge of computer applications pertaining to tracking service histories and producing reports on assets
- Good trouble-shooting skills
- Ability and willingness to serve "on-call" duty as required
- Strong work ethic and ability to work as a member of a team
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Crothall are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1019848