TECHNICIAN, IRRIGATION I (FULL TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full time TECHNICIAN, IRRIGATION I position.
- Location: TAMU West Texas- 2401 Russell Long Boulevard, Canyon 79016 (Openings at other locations within school district available) Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full time schedule. Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Previous irrigation technician experience and a Landscape Irrigation License are required.
- Starting Pay: $17.00 per hour
- Perks: SSC invests in our employees with training and growth opportunities, but the benefits don’t stop there, SSC offers a comprehensive benefits package and we are also excited to offer same day pay! At SSC we truly believe that our people are our greatest asset.
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group we create clean, safe, and distraction free learning environments for students of all ages. With a focus on a people first culture, growth opportunities, and supporting local communities we set the stage for a meaningful career in educational facilities nationwide.
Summary: Performs routine labor associated with irrigation management, including digging, pipe repair, head/valve replacement and small equipment operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repairs existing underground sprinkler and drip systems, including malfunctioning heads and nozzles.
- Adjusts spray heads for correct coverage.
- Mitigates all irrigation-related safety hazards.
- Operates equipment.
- Applies a surgical approach to all work.
- Maintains professional communication with technicians, irrigation supervisor and the general public.
- Deploys for emergency response due to inclement weather, i.e. snow and ice, tornado or other crisis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two years of experience in irrigation repairs.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 25 pounds and kneel/bend/stoop for extended periods of time.
- Extensive driving, walking and equipment operation. Exposure to: extreme weather conditions, pesticides, fertilizers, pollen producing environment, paint and petroleum products. Work time expectation: 90% of time will be physical labor, 10% training and misc.
Enhance your quality of life through our comprehensive benefits:
- · Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- · 401K with Company Match
- · Disability Insurance
- · Life Insurance/AD
- · Associate Shopping Program
- · Health and Wellness Programs
- · Discount Marketplace & Employee shopping program
- · Identify Theft Protection
- · Pet Insurance
- · And More
SSC maintains a drug-free workplace.
SSC & Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the facility service industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act.