TECHNICIAN, LINEN DISTRIBUTION (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time TECHNICIAN, LINEN DISTRIBUTION position.
- Location: St Joseph Medical Center - 1401 St Joseph Pkwy, GWS, 4th Floor, EVS Department, Houston, TX 77002 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time schedule. 5:00am - 1:30pm, must work alternate weekends, days may vary. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: No experience necessary. Willing to train!
- Starting Pay: $11.00 per hour
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1141517.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Make a difference in the lives of people, your community, and yourself. Join a culture of opportunity with Crothall Healthcare. Our careers are filled with purpose and empower you to transform healthcare experiences. Take a look for yourself at the Power of Clean!
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall is the market share leader in Environmental Services (EVS), and serves many of the top 100 Hospitals throughout its over 2,000 healthcare service teams in 47 states. Crothall has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work and Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania in 2020 for the 8th straight time and Beckers Top 150 Places to Work in 2019 for the 4th time. A division of Compass Group USA, Crothall has more than 26,000 team members. Its EVS division is CIMS and CIMS-GB certified by the ISSA since 2009, and its HTS division is ISO 13485 certified since 2019. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transportation, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, Laundry and Linen Services, Ambulatory, and Sterile Processing.
Summary: Operates linen room functions and distributes clean linen throughout facility as scheduled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivers clean linen to the different departments within the hospitals.
- Picks up all soiled carts from all floors if working on the second shift.
- Takes and fills orders from hospital staff.
- Ensures all exchange carts are delivered to the floors.
- Ensures all soil linen has been picked up and taken to the receiving dock.
- Ensures all soil carts are full; if not full, plans for consolidation.
- Reports issues or concerns to supervisor immediately.
- Ensures that linen room is left neat and organized at the end of the shift.
- Builds clean, neat, organized carts to set standard par level.
- Cleans linen room as necessary—sweep, mop, pick-up as necessary.
- Opens new linen for processing.
- Aligns/stages carts as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and push/pull a wheeled cart of 650 pounds.
- Ability to count and record inventory of terry/linen.
- Must have excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced health care environment.
Associates at Crothall are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 1141517