TECHNICIAN, MAINTENANCE (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time TECHNICIAN, MAINTENANCE position.
- Location: Texas A&M International University - 5201 University Blvd., Laredo, TX 78041. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time schedule. Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: No experience necessary. Willing to train!
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1023765.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates’ knowledge and experience alongside SSC’s extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
Summary: Performs a variety of maintenance duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- Maintains, repairs, cleans and operates the plant, shops, mechanical areas, exterior grounds and campus facilities.
- Performs basic maintenance duties and repairs as assigned; contacts supervisors, skilled trade vendors or on-call personnel as instructed.
- Updates work statuses, timing, and costs of repairs using a variety of company tech systems.
- Provides fleet maintenance support including but not limited to welding, plumbing, electrical, food truck kitchen maintenance, driving of vehicles, on campus fleet troubleshooting support, generator fixes, and general maintenance.
- Assists in making decisions on all minor and routine repairs; reports major problems to the supervisor, foreman or journeyman.
- Cleans sidewalks and parking areas; picks up and disposes of trash, debris, branches and similar items.
- Operates electrical and gasoline-powered equipment.
- Maintains equipment; performs minor equipment repairs using power and hand tools.
- Performs a variety of other unskilled or semi-skilled tasks such as minor carpentry, plumbing, painting, minor electrical work, lamp changing and drywall maintenance.
- Responds to emergency problems in the facility; performs emergency repairs as needed.
- Maintains logs, performs rounds and completes maintenance work orders, tests and inspections.
- Reads, comprehends and transmits complicated detailed instructions verbally and in writing.
- Serves as a member of facility's emergency response team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications May Include:
- One year of related experience as a maintenance worker/technician in a similar-sized institution or in a grounds maintenance occupation.
- Valid driver's license.
- Some exposure to elevated degrees of high heat, noise, dust, dirt and/or areas requiring infection control. Requires meeting deadlines for completion of work on a daily basis. Must be able to work all hours, including weekends and nights, as necessary, in order to maintain facility at the appropriate and safe level.
Associates at SSC are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).