TECHNICIAN, MAINTENANCE SR (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time TECHNICIAN, MAINTENANCE SR position.
- Location: Houston HSC - 2121 W. Holcombe Blvd., Houston, TX 77030. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time schedule. Monday through Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Five years of HVAC refrigeration repair and installation experience preferred.
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
- Starting Pay: [[$17.00]] per hour.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1067512.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates’ knowledge and experience alongside SSC’s extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
Summary: Performs a variety of skilled maintenance duties related to the facility's engineering and maintenance functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- Constructs, finishes, installs, maintains and repairs electrical and mechanical systems, or the facilities of any related systems, using power and hand tools and other necessary equipment.
- Cleans, lubricates, services, repairs or diagnoses malfunctions of HVAC, electrical and mechanical building systems, sterilizers, sprinkler and standpipe systems, transport systems, electronic signaling systems, fire alarm systems and similar specialty equipment items with appropriate training, certification skills and licensing requirements as needed.
- Leads a group of workers on a project
- Teaches maintenance skills to other members of the department.
- Updates work statuses, timing, and costs of repairs using a variety of company tech systems.
- Oversees fleet maintenance support including but not limited to welding, plumbing, electrical, food truck kitchen maintenance, driving of vehicles, on campus fleet troubleshooting support, generator fixes, and general maintenance.
- Reviews work of outside vendors and non-licensed maintenance workers; creates punch lists.
- Determines manpower, material needs and deadlines for jobs or projects.
- Reads blueprints, specifications and models to learn work layout; plans own work layout.
- Makes routine computations as needed.
- Maintains logs, performs rounds and completes tests and inspections.
- Responds to emergency problems in the facility and performs emergency repairs as needed.
- Makes recommendations for modification or improvement of preventive maintenance systems.
- Serves as a member of facility's emergency response team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications May Include:
- Five years of experience as a maintenance technician in an institutional setting in an engineering or maintenance discipline.
- Holds a specialization in one trade as evident by possession of an appropriate Journeyman's license issued by the State. Must have one of the following: Journeyman Electrical License, Registered ACR Technician with EPA certification in Refrigerant, Journeyman Plumber License, Carpentry, Welding, Steam and Pipefitting, Masonry or Electronic Instrumentation.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, specifications and models to learn work layout.
Associates at SSC are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).