TECHNOLOGY STRATEGY MANAGER-CALIFORNIA BASED
At over 300 college & universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
Chartwell’s Higher Education is seeking a Technology Strategy Manager to support our California State University (CSU) accounts. In this role you will support the implementation of digital solutions and drive the execution of technology platforms for the Chartwell's CSU campuses. You will act as a consultant between our on-campus operators and Compass Digital Labs (CDL), ensuring innovative and efficient experiences for customers and back of house operations. This role is a hands-on position that supports the ongoing development and tactical deployment of consumer facing technologies on campus including, but not limited to, mobile ordering, retail technology, point-of-sale, kiosks, and robotics. This individual will serve as the technology leader within the CSU Chartwell's Campuses, building relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and partners while supporting the larger strategic vision of digital growth. The ideal candidate has a background in technology solutions coupled with a strong understanding of food service operations. The ideal candidate will reside in California and be able to travel 50%
- Support the strategic deployment for technology and the digital customer journey within the region based upon client and organization goals
- Help to create compelling digital experiences and drive customer engagement using technology informed by customer insights and feedback.
- Own relationship with CDL team and our internal CST digital growth team and serve as the liaison between them and the campuses operators and regional leadership
- Partner with campus operators to develop technology solutions that solve for operational and/or client challenges
- Identify technology opportunities and support in the deployment of efficient and "wow" experiences for our guests, operators, and clients
- Consistently identify new opportunities to drive digital programs and efficiencies through technology into the business and drive results.
- Be proactive in the new business sales and retention engagement process (e.g., RFP responses, presentations, demonstrations).
- Advocate for the business units using existing technological resources and solutions to improve the operational efficiencies and enhance the daily activities.
- Minimum 3-5 years of technology project management experience with an understanding of foodservice operations
- Proven experience with retail technology and terminology including point of sale systems, e-commerce, kitchen management systems, and Internet access technologies
- Effective organization, planning, problem solving and analytical skills
Positions at this location may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Chartwells Higher Ed are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1032793