UNIT CUSTODIAL DIRECTOR - CHARLESTON, SC
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates’ knowledge and experience alongside SSC’s extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
Working as Unit Director, you will be responsible for the overall cleanliness, sanitation, and security of the assigned buildings. You will be responsible for successfully coordinating all work activities of janitorial personnel. You must also have the ability to supervise, direct, and develop supervisors and hourly employees in accordance with company guidelines, and to ensure customer satisfaction through high quality standards, while maintaining an environment that is safe and equitable.
In the Unit Director role you will be responsible for assigning duties, inspecting work, and investigating complaints regarding janitorial services and take immediate corrective action. You will secure and assure that all equipment is maintained and in working order. You will also make sure buildings have sufficient janitorial supplies by taking periodic inventories of supplies and materials. You will train, discipline, and recommend dismissals of employees. Unit Directors act as liaison between building occupants or administrators and supervisors, so it is imperative that you are able to effectively communicate all directives from managers, building occupants and administrators to janitorial staff.
- Communicates between various shifts to ensure applicable completion of tasks.
- Trains workers in janitorial methods and procedures and proper operation of equipment.
- Issues supplies and equipment to workers to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
- Performs daily inspections and follows through on all assignments to ensure task completion.
- Cross trains and develops personnel for multiple positions.
- Holds weekly staff reports and inspections.
- Meets with staff weekly to review task completion and future projects.
- Secures building after completion of work.
- Guides completion on projects to make sure they are completed timely and within budget.
- Reports budgetary issues.
- College degree preferred.
- One to two years as supervisor in housekeeping or service-related field with high customer/client contact required.
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality and customer service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills both one-on-one and in group situations.
- Ability to engage and motivate staff.
- Understanding of budgeting processes and awareness of profit and loss concepts.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize.
- Excellent time management skills required.
- Ability to work with heavy cleaning equipment.
Apply to SSC today!
SSC is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at SSC are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1018328