Vice President of Customer Experience - NYC
Position Title: Vice President of Customer Experience - NYC
Reports To: President, CDC
Coffee Distributing Corp. (CDC) serves over 15,000 customers in the New York and New Jersey area. While Coffee is still our first name we stock over 4500 different products from apples to Ziploc bags. Our customers' needs are ever evolving and so do we. Our beverage equipment has evolved to coffee machines that grind and brew to water coolers that can provide carbonated water with your choice of flavoring and strength. We can also provide attendants to maintain your pantry based on your needs: whether 2 hours per week or 10 full time staff at multiple locations. Now as part of Compass Group-USA, we can arrange for seamless service across the country for any of your foodservice needs, whether catering, vending, special events, café management or unattended markets.
Growth. Opportunity. Excellence.
Canteen brings break time to everyone. We combine food, service, and experience backed by industry-leading technology to help companies create a better workplace and connect their employees. Canteen’s solutions include markets, office coffee and snacks, unattended retail, and culinary.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Their dedication, collaboration, and passion fuel our growth. Interested in joining our team? You bring the enthusiasm, customer service, and commitment; we’ll supply the opportunity and innovation. Together, we’ll continue to transform our industry.
Come grow with us. We are Canteen.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the ‘job search’ in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on ‘referral tracking.’ For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email MyReferral@compass-usa.com. Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
The Vice President of Customer Experience will lead all CDC customer retention, management, and growth efforts. The primary role is to provide strategic leadership and direction to grow and retain all National and local key accounts. In addition, the VPCE will be responsible for the growth and development of all account management positions.
Key Responsibilities and Skill Sets (including, but not limited to):
- Strategically leads and directs all field customer management focusing on account retention, account growth and penetration, and improving customer relations.
- Acute focus on relationship development of top 25 customers including Canteen One & National Accounts, Compass Sector Partner Key Clients within the NY, NJ and CT.
- Build relations and collaboratively work with Compass Sector Leadership in the market.
- Edit, approve and lead all Client Business Reviews. Encourage a sense of urgency and a hospitality mindset within the account management teams.
- Actively participate and drive our culture of Diversity and Inclusion; Lead, support and participate in corporate initiatives
- Work closely with Marketing Leadership to ensure all client communications, social media and other brand related communications are aligned with Corporate direction.
- Focus on innovation and Tradecraft Partnership execution: Oversee strategy, development, management, continuous improvement, and measurement. Create training and implementation support tools/systems for growth initiatives to ensure consistent execution.
- Full understanding of P&L, Balance Sheet, and Budgeting. Work closely with local Sales Management, approves all new business proformas, reviews contracts for President signature and is the primary liaison for new business sellers in the market
- Participate on the CDC Executive Management Team contributing on all senior level business decisions; acute understanding of capex, revenue, profit and cost of service.
- Lead annual performance reviews and provide career development and coaching for direct reports and support recruitment efforts of new team members
- Maintain intimate knowledge of business trends and metrics as related to all aspects of CDC business.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of ten years progressive and related experience.
- Strong background in a senior leadership role with exposure to contract management, customer service, people development, food services, etc.
- Must have a proven track record and knowledge of growing a business.
- Exhibits strong and dynamic communication, presentation and listening skills across all levels of an organization. Strong analytical skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility, and leadership.
- Proficient in the use of Windows based office software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and ability to quickly learn new and proprietary software applications.
- Approximately 20% travel required in this position.
Apply to CDC / Canteen today!
Canteen is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates a Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)