Assistant Director of Operations - Barclays Center
Different perspectives make us better. We’re committed to creating an equal opportunity and fair treatment environment, where learning and growing together is just part of our every day. An environment where you can be your authentic self.
The disruptor in defining the sports and entertainment hospitality experience, Levy is recognized as the market leader and most critically acclaimed hospitality company in its industry. Twice named one of the 10 most innovative companies in sports by Fast Company magazine and one of the top three Best Employers for Diversity in America by Forbes, Levy’s diverse portfolio includes award-winning restaurants; iconic sports and entertainment venues, zoos and cultural institutions, theaters, and convention centers; as well as the Super Bowl, Grammy Awards, US Open Tennis Tournament, Kentucky Derby, and NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL, and MLS All-Star Games.
As the Assistant Director of Operations, you will be responsible for assisting the Director of Operations in achieving annual sales and profits in overall operation, while exceeding guests’ expectations through strong leadership and management skills and by living "The Levy Difference."
* Holds team accountable to steps of service to deliver great guest service
* Ensures show quality standards are maintained at all times
* Builds and maintains strong relationships with clients, guests, subcontractors, not-for-profits and Levy team members
* Regularly obtains feedback from clients and guests to improve operations
* Supports and communicates Company initiatives
* Respond and assist in any departmental guest service issues
* Executes all menus, promotions and programs as outlined by the Director of Operations in accordance with Levy standards
* Acts as a liaison with the team, including partner’s operational team, Levy team and other areas as needed, to ensure efficient operational performance
* Ensures that daily walkthroughs are being conducted in both FOH and BOH for every event
* Thoroughly and accurately uses applicable Levy systems (Purchasing Systems, Point-of-sale, WFM and more)
* Ensures that all security, safety and sanitation standards are achieved
* Achieves daily sales and assigned cost goals
* Achieves assigned budget goals
* Employs good safety and sanitation practices
* Follows and enforces responsible alcohol service policies
* Executes required daily reporting in a timely manner
* Ensures required department reports are completed and information is compiled at month-end closing
* Ensures team members adhere to Levy guidelines as stated in the team member training manual and employee handbook
* Forecasts and adequately schedules team members to meet operational needs and desired targets
* Uses all performance management tools to provide guidance and feedback to team members
* Promotes a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and morale
* Conducts regularly scheduled meetings to ensure lines of communication are open between management and team members
* Interviews, hires, trains and develops team members according to Levy guidelines
* Mentors department managers to develop their skills and leadership abilities
* Other duties, as assigned
* Previous leadership experience in Hospitality or Retail
* Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management is preferred
* High level of computer literacy
* Understanding of financial concepts
* Passion for hospitality, food, and retail
* Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
Curious about Life at Levy? Check it out: Levy Culture
Positions at this location may require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Levy is a member of Compass Group USA. Compass Group/Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass/Levy, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
At Levy, team = family. And we’ll always take care of family, learn more about Levy benefits offered.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off Plan
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)