CAFE GENERAL MANAGER (30% BONUS) PALO ALTO, CA
Pay Grade: [[payGrade_obj]]
Other Forms of Compensation: Bonus Offered - 30% of salary based on achieving all KPI's
As the leader in business and industry dining, Eurest is the company to join if you want a rewarding career packed with limitless opportunities. We feed the employees of the nation's largest and most-prestigious companies -- in every state and across all industries. As a member of Eurest's leadership and professional support team, you will help our 16,000 chefs, and in-unit associates excel as they deliver world-class meals in corporate cafes and executive dining rooms with on-site catering through vending innovations and more.
Our company is innovative, high performing and fast growing. Our teammates are enthusiastic, committed to quality and thrive on consistently delivering unparalleled results. And did we mention we work with exciting companies and at interesting locations? Come grow your career with Eurest.
Working as a Cafe General Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining the account in accordance with the approved budget while meeting client expectations. You will oversee the successful operation of the cafe, ensuring that the cafe maintains high service standards, meets financial targets, and provides an exceptional customer experience. You will play a key role in managing staff, optimizing operations, and driving the growth and profitability of the cafe.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the cafe, ensuring compliance with company standards.
- Participates in employee meetings, reviews and training programs
- Manages in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Maintains food cost while ensuring quality standards
- Establishes and maintains good rapport with staff, client and guest and other departments
- Manages financial acumen for all areas including financial reporting with sales reports P&L reports, writing and adhering to annual budgets and cash handling
- Analyzes and creates trends for financial data
- Manages purchasing and inventory controls
- Plans menus in consultation with chefs
- Is knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, or equivalent professional experience
- Eight to ten years upscale food service experience, including six years’ experience at the management level
- Experience in personnel management including hiring, supervision, evaluation and succession planning
- Proven track record to achieve company goals in compliance with company/client policies and procedures
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills, and must possess attention to detail
- Supervisory, scheduling, training and coaching skills
- Effective problem solving and conflict management skills
- Ability to multi-task as well as stay on task and concentrate with constant interruptions
- Experience in food purchasing, food costs and inventory control
- Ability to create budgets, flash reports, financial targets and forecasts
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures and reconciliation of multiple cash banks and reports
- Must be knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving
- Exceptional business etiquette and client relations
- Manages time effectively and prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong catering experience required
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- ServSafe or Department of Health certification a plus
Apply to Eurest today!
Eurest is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Eurest maintains a drug-free workplace.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Associates at Eurest are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1271402
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1271402