CAFE RETAIL MANAGER ( HARBOR/UCLA MEDICAL) TORRANCE CA
Other Forms of Compensation:
Pay Grade: 14
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices® wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's (PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41 million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000 professional food service team members.
Working as Retail Manager, you will be responsible for the successful retail/cafeteria operation of Food & Nutrition Services under the direction of the Director of Dining Services.
- Plans and supervises special functions, maintains cash controls, payroll records, and oversees the hiring and training of our hourly team members
- Ensures customer satisfaction and good public relations through the safe and efficient uses of resources
- Directs staff to provide scheduled retail services in accordance with corporate policies and presentation standards
- Trains staff in customer service, proper portioning, cashier skills, and safety/sanitation
- Completes all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the corporate policies and procedures on a timely basis meeting all prescribed deadlines.
- Communicates effectively with all team members, patients and families
- Implements and maintains cash handling standards as outlined in the Corporate Policies and Procedures Manual to eliminate theft of services or Company funds
- B.S. Degree in Food Services Technology/Management or related field; or A.A. Degree plus three years of directly related experience preferred.
- Minimum of one to three years of retail operational foodservice management experience preferred, depending upon formal degree or training
- Good knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, marketing and presentation
- P&L accountability and contract-managed service experience is desirable
- Experience with cash retail operations
- Retail marketing experiences are highly desirable
- Supervisory, leadership, management and coaching skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate on various levels to include management, customer and associate levels
- Knowledge of financial, budgetary, accounting and computational practices
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet
Apply to Morrison Healthcare today!
Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Morrison Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1269225