Catering Coordinator - Cal Berkeley
Position Title: [[extTitle]]
Starting Pay: $28.00 per hour
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1262763.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages, one in which you can learn and grow and be a part of a great team? We're hiring! Great team member perks like Instapay (early access to your wages) and high interest savings both through the EVEN app.
From the stadium to the head table, Levy leverages unbridled creativity, custom strategies, impeccable service, and true love for great food to create unforgettable experiences. Founded in Chicago 40 years ago as a Delicatessen, Levy now finds itself as a leading presence in the Food, Beverage, and Retail industry across 200 plus Entertainment, Sports, and Restaurant venues across the country.
For more information on what we are about as a company, check us out by following the link below: http://www.levyrestaurants.com/who-we-are/
Positions at this location may require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Summary: As a Catering Coordinator, you will hold duties related to sales/marketing, administration, and coordination for on and off premise catering events. The position entails a need for excellent attention to detail and communication skills; ability to multi-task on a variety of projects simultaneously, accurate distribution of pertinent information both internally to all departments as well as to clients and related vendors. Performs a variety of clerical duties, including answering telephones, bookkeeping, typing, word processing, office machine operation and filing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Inputs and maintains all reserve data for all events including inquiries, tentative and definite. Details function sheets with equipment needs and rental orders.
* Creates captain’s packets for each event including staff sheets, equipment pulls, beverage pulls, signage, expo sheets, etc. as needed and assures that captains are in receipt of packet.
* Creates buffet signage and printed menus as required for each event.
* Assembles and performs upkeep of organized event files including all correspondence, orders, invoices, payments, proposals, function sheets, etc.
* Processes certificate of insurance requests.
* Intakes inquiries including all pertinent event information client contact, date, time, format, number of guests, location, etc.
* Prepares proposals for events and submits staff requisitions.
* Supports sales initiatives through research, marketing interface, communications and sourcing
* Works with marketing department on materials and promotions.
* Assists with client walkthroughs of venue spaces and provides on-site sales representation at events as scheduled.
* Receives and processes all deposits.
* Reviews reserve financial entry to assure accurately forecasted and communicates with accounting on any needs, clarification, etc.
* Prepares final event invoicing and expense reports on a monthly basis.
* Assists in scheduling meetings, appointments, travel, etc.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Experience in dining, catering and/or events.
* Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule as the business demands.
* Excellent communication, customer service, and organization skills.
* Proficient computer skills including MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or Marketing is preferred.
Apply to Levy today!
Levy is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Associates of Levy are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Instapay (early access to your wages) and high interest savings both through the EVEN app
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Program
- Discount Marketplace
- Employee Assistance Program
Req ID: 1262763
University of Cal Berkeley