Catering Intern, Restaurant Associates / Harvard Business School
- We have an opening for a Catering Intern position.
- Location: 117 Western Avenue, Boston, MA 02163. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Various schedules, to be discussed upon interview.
- Starting Pay: $17 per hour
- Additional Requirements: Positions at this location require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Be with the Best! Restaurant Associates, Innovators in culinary, hospitality, and well-being a name that has been synonymous with exciting restaurant concepts and high-quality culinary expertise. Celebrates its diamond anniversary of 75 years while looking forward to a bright future of growth, innovation, excellence, and purpose. R/A headquartered in New York City is the hospitality industry leader for some of the nation's premier museums, performing arts centers, catering and corporate accounts. We pride ourselves on our culinary heritage of "firsts", our dedication to quality, our passion for food, and our culture of CARE. If you share our belief in the value of delivering Superior Quality Food, Hospitality Excellence, and being part of a collaborative culture that engages our teams through enthusiasm and excitement around the business. We invite you to learn more about Restaurant Associates’ dynamic select team of professionals. Come share your talents with one of the nations’ fastest-growing, multi-million-dollar organizations – Voted Glassdoor Employee Choice Award Best Places to Work 2021.
Meet Andie: https://youtu.be/yMOFcO0UJN4
As an intern, you will be working closely with Compass Group leaders to develop skills and competencies to be successful in your prospective industry. You will gain valuable experience in any of the following areas: operations, marketing, administration, guest services, problem solving, planning and implementation of innovative projects, and client relationship skills. This internship involves hands-on experiences which will provide opportunities for your personal success and development. This position is paid, but not eligible for benefits such as medical, relocation, or housing.
Compass Group Intern Requirements:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university or technical program to receive college credit
- Possess an interest in learning, observing, and practicing a variety of experiences in our industry
- Demonstrate awareness, understanding, and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Articulate, with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Solid project management acumen
- Self-directed, proactive, and curious
- Flexible and adaptable
- Attitude of a leader
- Enjoyment of building relationships
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).